Hang on stand suggestions

cornbread

Most of the time I use a Summit Goliath climber and like it. But when bow hunting Im finding more and more I cant get where I need to be with it. Im looking for any suggestions on what hang on and climbing system to buy? Thanks.

jakeway

I like Gorilla (old style) but haven't tried the new ones. Had a Remington but it wasn;t as solid on the tree as I'd like.
I also have a Lone Wolf and it's nice for short hunts...not as comfortable as others.

cornbread

Big Gun said:
I've got a Millineum hang on and it's all day confortable.

Big Gun is the millineum easy to get locked on the tree and do you use their climbing sticks,how do you like em? Their web sight doesnt give much detail.

Big Gun

Yes, it easy to get on a tree. I've got 3 different types of climbing sticks but none are made by Millennium

scn

The best hangon for ease of hanging and comfort that I have found is a Summitt Copperhead. They are light, as well.

For climbing systems we have found the Rapid Rails and the Gorrila climbing sticks to be more versatle in trees with a lot of limbs or not totally straight. On straight trees any of the stack on climbing sticks are fast and easy. Adding a rachet at the top and bottom of the climbing sticks in addition to their ropes or straps can really add to the stability.

cornbread

scn said:
The best hangon for ease of hanging and comfort that I have found is a Summitt Copperhead. They are light, as well.

For climbing systems we have found the Rapid Rails and the Gorrila climbing sticks to be more versatle in trees with a lot of limbs or not totally straight. On straight trees any of the stack on climbing sticks are fast and easy. Adding a rachet at the top and bottom of the climbing sticks in addition to their ropes or straps can really add to the stability.

Im not finding the copperhead on summitts web page, do they still make it?

BZ911

hawgbear said:
Big Gun said:

Big Gun is the millineum easy to get locked on the tree and do you use their climbing sticks,how do you like em? Their web sight doesnt give much detail.

I own and use the millineum stand and 12 sets of sticks.. love them.I don't have to worry about others using my set up(i.e. poachers). you can't go wrong with this set up...
I have used api,Summitt Copperhead,gorilla,and ol'man hang-ons.allwere okay for a short hunts. lonewolf, summit bucksteps, and rapid rails are the best sectional climbing sticks.

cornbread

BZ911 said:
hawgbear said:
Big Gun said:

I own and use the millineum stand and 12 sets of sticks.. love them.I don't have to worry about others using my set up(i.e. poachers). you can't go wrong with this set up...
I have used api,Summitt Copperhead,gorilla,and ol'man hang-ons.allwere okay for a short hunts. lonewolf, summit bucksteps, and rapid rails are the best sectional climbing sticks.

That sounds good, the hang on set up is all new to me, how many climbing sticks does it take to get 20FT?

BZ911

It depends on the mfg of the climbing stick and style. 4 sections of 5 ft or 5 section of 4 ft sticks.
I like using 5 each on the seperated sticks!

@fulldraw

If you are like me, I prefer the cheapest one so I can get more for my money. I like the Big Dog lock on. The one I use has arm rests and back pad and I paid $50. It has an oval platform with plenty of space in my opinion.

Thunderroost

I just bought a Big Dog Stadium XL.....huge platform, shooting rail, padded seat. all for $79

BDF-501.jpg

Latest posts