Thermacell hanger

Black Titan

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share something I came up with to hang my thermacell. When I ordered it I assumed there would be a lanyard loop or belt clip or something to hang it from, but there's not. They sell a belt clip seperate, for around 6 bucks, and a holster for almost as much as I paid for the thermacell itself. Mine is the MR300.

So I broke out the calipers, and took some measurements, deciding to use the slots where the factory belt clip would go. Fired up tinkercad and the 3d printer and drew something up.

Took a few iterations, but I think I like version 3.1 the best, lol. The first one was very basic with just a flat plate with two holes, but it made the thermacell tip forward. The second one came up the back, with a big hole in the middle for airflow to the grates on the back, and then over the top. This one hung well, but was too much bulk.

The final version just comes off the sides, with a hole on each side for paracord. I had to make slight changes to the hole location, and rounded off the top of the arms, hence the .1 on version 3 lol.

I'm just in the learning phase with 3d cad but tinkercad is easy to use. I tried fusion 360 and can't even draw a box lol. I'm sure someone with more skill could make something prettier but this works for me.

BT

Anyways, here it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007_181604_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_181604_Gallery.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20231007_181609_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_181609_Gallery.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20231007_181614_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_181614_Gallery.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20231007_181618_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_181618_Gallery.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 84

Black Titan

Does it work ok hanging up? Thermocell instructions say to operate on a flat stable surface with grill facing upward. If it works good, looks like a great idea.

The couple times I got to use it before it got cold enough where I didn't need it, it seemed to work just fine.

If you wanted, you could probably use a longer piece of paracord and put it over a gear hanger then put the loop under the bottom of the handle to make it lay flat, if it not working is a concern. I've not noticed any issues though.

If I can get in the woods for turkey I can give it a try too, but dern teenagers! Prom, college days, ball games, etc I haven't got a chance yet to go hunt this season.

BT

Jay W

The couple times I got to use it before it got cold enough where I didn't need it, it seemed to work just fine.

If you wanted, you could probably use a longer piece of paracord and put it over a gear hanger then put the loop under the bottom of the handle to make it lay flat, if it not working is a concern. I've not noticed any issues though.

If I can get in the woods for turkey I can give it a try too, but dern teenagers! Prom, college days, ball games, etc I haven't got a chance yet to go hunt this season.

BT
Me neither. Hoping to go this weekend

Latest posts