Thermacell?

PillsburyDoughboy

I got one and the Belt Clip. I had not thought about using it for Turkey season as I am usually on the move.

Do you guys usually clip them to your Turkey Vest and turn them on once you get to a set up? Or do you turn them on once you head to the woods? If so is it best to put it on the back side of your pack facing out or on the front side of your pack?

During Bow Season do you just clip it to the side of the stand or hang it from the tree blowing over the top of you?

Just trying to get a feel of the best way to utilize this from people that have had experience.

dmonty

Personally I just hang or sit mine beside me I think the effect radius is 10-15 ft or something like that. I guess you can clip it on your person ,but it does heat up some so I don't know if there is possibility of it igniting? Someone else may know.

bbuck14

They're worth the money! I use mine turkey and bow hunting. My brother n law uses his a lot during deer season as a scent dispenser and has really good luck with bucks coming right to it!

BlackBelt

When I spring squirrel hunt in the Hatchie River bottoms the air is so thick with mosquitos that it looks like big gray clouds of them.
I pull into the bottoms in my truck, open the back glass sliding window, turn on the thermacell and toss it into the bed of the truck. In about a minute the mosquitos are buzzing about 10 feet away from the truck. That allows me to get out and get dressed and sprayed down with mosquito spray.

I've never had anything work for mosquitos before, but the thermacell is king.

I give them to my friends as gifts and they are amazed at how well they work.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
dmonty said:
Personally I just hang or sit mine beside me I think the effect radius is 10-15 ft or something like that. I guess you can clip it on your person ,but it does heat up some so I don't know if there is possibility of it igniting? Someone else may know.

Do you think they would warm up a shooting blind?

PillsburyDoughboy

Ive used mine quite a bit now since I got it a few months ago.

It works well. About 3 hours per pad so far as I can tell.

I wore mine against my body in its case all weekend with only a thin t-shirt between us. I could feel the slight amount of heat coming off it but not enough that it felt uncomfortable. Every now and then my forearm would touch the heating element and I could tell it was there and my arm would quickly move away from it but it was not enough to burn me by any means. It would take getting trapped against the skin for a extended period of time to produce any sort of burn and it would probably be minor at that.

No it does not heat up enough to heat a blind. I would imagine on a really really cold day it might make for a nice hand warmer or put it in a coat pocket it might give you a bit of heat but not much more than that.