Guarantano

RobbyW

buckaroo":3vf2728p said:
Well ya never know, I think Burrow sucked till senior year
Come on man.... he didn't play at OSU and his Jr year (first as a starter) he threw 2894 years 16TDs with 5 INTs. JG threw for 2158 yards 16 TDs 8 INTs.

I wouldn't say he sucked. His game did definitely jump more than any QB I can think of. JG can and should improve but it won't improve like JB improving to what could be the best year for a college QB ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalsPal

I love JG's toughness and his character.

He was one of the players who visited the young tornado victim at children's hospital in Feb. And I know teams do this all the time. But this was the day AFTER Pruitt and some other players visited. In other words, they did it on their own.

But his weaknesses are more decision making issues. If he can improve those, he can lead this team to a great season.

However, if he still struggles lifting a pass to a back out of the backfield, throwing a pass 100 mph to a receiver not 10 yards over the middle, or failing to tuck and run for a first down when its wide open, then I dont think Pruitt will have much patience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

The two games that everyone brings up that the vols could have and should have won in 2019 was the Georgia st, and BYU game.

Should have JG played better of course, would the other two guys have been any better maybe....maybe not. Coaching staff didn't seem to think so they kept running JG out in every game the rest of the season.

Tennessee should be able to beat Georgia st with any QB on the team. They gave up 38 points and got beat in every aspect of the game they was way more problems then QB play is all I was saying.

They was up 3-13 at half against BYU gave up a TD right after half then with 1 min left was up 13-16 with BYU standing at there own 15. First play was a Defensive holding call, then on a 3ed & 6 play gave up a 64 yard pass that set up a game tieing field goal. Then went on to give up two more TDs in overtime. ONE late defensive stop wins that game, and they couldn't do it. I understand QB play wasn't good your still up with 1 min left with a SEC defense with a Defensive minded coach. get a dang stop and go home with the ugly W despite how JG played.

I do believe JG needs to improve and he will have a short leash. I'm not sure they was anyone better then him last year or even this year besides the true freshman. they was many problems holding UT back last year not just JG.

PillsburyDoughboy

IMHO JG is pure trash at the QB position and is not going to be anything at the QB position.

I would be putting my future in getting reps behind Harrison Bailey. Hes a Stud in waiting. Time will tell.

PalsPal

PillsburyDoughboy":5zqy1sbc said:
IMHO JG is pure trash at the QB position and is not going to be anything at the QB position.

I would be putting my future in getting reps behind Harrison Bailey. Hes a Stud in waiting. Time will tell.

Hmm, I do believe he was a brainfart away from causing you and your ilk some serious puckering in Bamaland last year ;) !

Would have loved to see how that played out had the score been 28-20.

See, he's ours, so it's OK for us to diss him, but not opposing fans.

Without having spring ball, I just don't see Bailey being ready early on.

Displaced_Vol

I've learned enough to know nothing surprises me with JG.
I do admire a lot about him, took balls to stick this ride out.
Nothing would shock me. He could really improve with near zero expectations this year as compared to last when he was a somewhat sleeper pick to be an impactful SEC QB.
Chaney back will help no doubt, but at the end of the day you've either got it or you don't. We'll see.
I do think he'll start game 1 with coronavirus having messed everything up.

PillsburyDoughboy

PalsPal":2v3fp8py said:
PillsburyDoughboy":2v3fp8py said:

Hmm, I do believe he was a brainfart away from causing you and your ilk some serious puckering in Bamaland last year ;) !

Slow down Sparky :)

35-13 is not exactly what anyone would call a brainfart away from causing some serious puckering. Not in this lifetime not in any life time.

A much better comparison would be the ALABAMA V lsu score of 46-41. That one went down to the wire.

PalsPal

PillsburyDoughboy":322zlv13 said:

35-13 is not exactly what anyone would call a brainfart away from causing some serious puckering. Not in this lifetime not in any life time.

A much better comparison would be the ALABAMA V lsu score of 46-41. That one went down to the wire.

I guess someone needs a refresher. I'm sure you tried to forget, and apparently did a good job.

Here, I'll help you out. Note the score, what the score would have been, and then tell me how Nick would have allowed Jones to do anything but hand the ball off on the ensuing possession. The TN D would have had a quick stop, and we would have had an opportunity to tie the game. So, yes I believe there would have been some puckering ;) :D !

[youtube]4kppjarwyJg[/youtube]

buckaroo

Thats the play Pruitt grabbed his facemask, he was supposed to hand it off, replay showed a hole a granny could have scored but he qb sneaked a made a 14 pt fu

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
PillsburyDoughboy":221o6fxd said:
PalsPal":221o6fxd said:
PillsburyDoughboy":221o6fxd said:

Seriously lol that wasn't a puckering! That was a bending bama over their knee and wearing that butt out! Oh and how did that iron bowl turn out?

PillsburyDoughboy

PalsPal":1k02hukf said:
PillsburyDoughboy":1k02hukf said:

I guess someone needs a refresher. I'm sure you tried to forget, and apparently did a good job.

Here, I'll help you out. Note the score, what the score would have been, and then tell me how Nick would have allowed Jones to do anything but hand the ball off on the ensuing possession. The TN D would have had a quick stop, and we would have had an opportunity to tie the game. So, yes I believe there would have been some puckering ;) :D !

[youtube]4kppjarwyJg[/youtube]
Woulda coulda shoulda ..

Lots of excuses .. not much action .

See you on the 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts