Guarantano

Volbuck777

So talked to a former vol football player today, he's a pretty reliable source, (he's still in the loop) and from what he says there's no reason at this point to think that JG won't be the starter. Now I know that a lot of you guys probably already know this, but I've heard a lot of stuff from other places stating that he's all but lost the starting position. Man I don't believe I can watch another year of the guy. He's killing me.

THEdonkey0515

I always thought JG would be the starter atleast starting the season.

It would be hard for a true freshman to come in week 1 and be any better then a 3+ year starter.

And the other guys have showed nothing saying they was any better then JG.

Volbuck777

But why put more faith in one of the biggest let downs in UT history. I think we should put in a young guy and give him some reps so that when sec play starts he's got an idea of how things are. I would think that we could stand to lose to Oklahoma knowing we have a qb that's actually somewhat reliable. How many more chances do we give him. He's a bust, and has been since he arrived on campus.

cbhunter

Volbuck777":1fe5tfi0 said:
But why put more faith in one of the biggest let downs in UT history. I think we should put in a young guy and give him some reps so that when sec play starts he's got an idea of how things are. I would think that we could stand to lose to Oklahoma knowing we have a qb that's actually somewhat reliable. How many more chances do we give him. He's a bust, and has been since he arrived on campus.

Finally someone gets it! Lol

I have a ton of respect for the kid. He has put up with a lot physically, emotionally etc etc. He is all Vol through and through but come on, it's time to move on.
His football IQ is severely lacking IMO

wayne

He's better than Maurer. Bailey hasn't had a chance to prove or learn anything because of Covid. They wouldn't have made a bowl last year with anyone else other than Guarantano. This is the first time that Guarantano has not had to learn a new coordinator.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

cbhunter

wayne":2wiqrlpq said:
He's better than Maurer.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I wont say I agree nor disagree with that statement. I do believe Maurer was off to a great start before the injuries. I don't think he was the same nor given much of a chance after that.

Volbuck777

Sorry Wayne I disagree. Maurer wasn't a bad qb, he was just swinging for the fences, trying to make something happen when he came in, the few times he did. I'll also say this, the team rallied around him. When jg was there they all look lethargic. We became the 3 and out let's punt team. I was at the Alabama game a few years ago, and Worley was our starting qb but was injured. They put in peterman ( what a joke) I've never seen a team give up the way they did. It was embarrassing. Then we finally put in dobbs and never looked back. He was the spark we needed and we laid 20 points on the number 1 defense in the country. Fast forward to last year Maurer starts game Tennessee's first series out we go down and answer Alabama's touchdown with one to match. After he's out of the game we don't score another TD the rest of that game. Maybe would have but I believe we all know why we didn't. That one was solely on JG and I've still not forgiven him lol. So it's time for that guy to go. Put bailey in, get him reps, and let's be a contender and not the laughingstock of the sec.

redblood

BamaProud":9qjss9cc said:
redblood":9qjss9cc said:
Well i seriously doubt college football will play a game, but if they do i have a hard time believing they would stick with JG.

All 5 major conferences have plans to play ball, as of yesterday, only the Pack 12 has plans to alter the schedule.

Its a long time till September

Displaced_Vol

If they play, which I think is still a big if, I would say JG starts. Not saying I agree with it, but as much due to the circumstances this year you go with what you know, hoping he's got some mental stuff figured out. Last year he was undoubtedly the starter (according to an interview with coach Pruitt at media days I believe) but he knows how short his leash is now. I say all that to say maybe his mindset will be different but I doubt it.

THEdonkey0515

I think the vols are hoping to redshirt bailey.

If they play at all it will be a crazy 9-10 game season more then likely IF they play that much.

That also means JG or maurur plays really well something vol fans need to be hoping for. If bailey is starting week 3 or 4 means vols offense has looked real bad with a couple losses and everyone is questioning the coaching.

Displaced_Vol

THEdonkey0515":1o0k0dy3 said:

If they play at all it will be a crazy 9-10 game season more then likely IF they play that much.

That also means JG or maurur plays really well something vol fans need to be hoping for. If bailey is starting week 3 or 4 means vols offense has looked real bad with a couple losses and everyone is questioning the coaching.

I've been wondering if they'd redshirt him this year too. With being able to play in 4 games and keep your RS I think that makes it a pretty attractive option.

I still think they'll start the season, in some modified format, but give it up before it's over... we'll see though & I hope
I'm wrong.

I don't think Bailey starting mid season is necessarily a direct correlation to a bad season. If he is that good, gets some time early & shows his potential he could earn a starting spot. Don't get me wrong, your scenario of JG or Maurer not performing is probably the most likely route to Bailey getting a start early in the season, but I don't think it's the only way that plays out.

In terms of coaching I think the way they finished last season & the recruiting streak have bought them some good will & leeway. There's every chance in the world we play good football & are 2-2 at the end of September (assuming they play all the games),

Displaced_Vol

Volbuck777":1oo3ubmc said:
What about JT Shrout I heard he was dead on when it came to passing, he showed spark last year a time or two. Anybody know anything on the kid?

He's got a good arm from what I've heard. Played well enough when needed in the SC game, didn't impress against UAB when he got the start. IMO he is at best still 3rd on the depth chart but I would hope Bailey overtakes him also.

PillsburyDoughboy

Checking the top 25 Quarterbacks in College football

The SEC is stoked . LSU Florida Georgia auburn ALABAMA has TWO .

Not sure where the vols QB rate .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

Displaced_Vol":25jn4kjc said:
THEdonkey0515":25jn4kjc said:

I've been wondering if they'd redshirt him this year too. With being able to play in 4 games and keep your RS I think that makes it a pretty attractive option.

I still think they'll start the season, in some modified format, but give it up before it's over... we'll see though & I hope
I'm wrong.

I don't think Bailey starting mid season is necessarily a direct correlation to a bad season. If he is that good, gets some time early & shows his potential he could earn a starting spot. Don't get me wrong, your scenario of JG or Maurer not performing is probably the most likely route to Bailey getting a start early in the season, but I don't think it's the only way that plays out.

In terms of coaching I think the way they finished last season & the recruiting streak have bought them some good will & leeway. There's every chance in the world we play good football & are 2-2 at the end of September (assuming they play all the games),

It will be a motifed season for sure, they just gave Oklahoma an extra by week before playing UT so right now Oklahoma plays 1 game then gets a week off then play UT.

It could be conference only, it would be adding a couple bye weeks to let teams monitor the situation before playing again. Could be cutting out the cupcakes like Furman and Charlotte. Going to 9 or 10 games.

UT could see Oklahoma, Florida, Bama, Missouri, and SC in the first 5 weeks. Be real hard to have a winning recored with bad QB play if they start JG and it blows up. if they come out of the first 4 or 5 weeks with a decent record probaby means
JG is playing good ball . IF not Then everyone is wonding why the heck they ran him back on the field kowing he couldn't play.

If you start the true freshman probaby not gonna be much better thrown in the fire against Oklahoma, florida, and bama early what happens if they play 7-8 weeks then cancel the season? Would that be worth losing a redshirt for 4 or 5 possible wins if that many wins. during a canceled season.

PillsburyDoughboy

buckaroo":dty2zkra said:
Vols aren't ranked because of the content of this topic, Guarantano, Bailey on the other hand could be another Peyton

You can't be serious when you say that???

Latest posts