Guarantano

Displaced_Vol

THEdonkey0515":1gfahm5k said:
Displaced_Vol":1gfahm5k said:
THEdonkey0515":1gfahm5k said:
I think the vols are hoping to redshirt bailey.

If they play at all it will be a crazy 9-10 game season more then likely IF they play that much.

That also means JG or maurur plays really well something vol fans need to be hoping for. If bailey is starting week 3 or 4 means vols offense has looked real bad with a couple losses and everyone is questioning the coaching.

I've been wondering if they'd redshirt him this year too. With being able to play in 4 games and keep your RS I think that makes it a pretty attractive option.

I still think they'll start the season, in some modified format, but give it up before it's over... we'll see though & I hope
I'm wrong.

I don't think Bailey starting mid season is necessarily a direct correlation to a bad season. If he is that good, gets some time early & shows his potential he could earn a starting spot. Don't get me wrong, your scenario of JG or Maurer not performing is probably the most likely route to Bailey getting a start early in the season, but I don't think it's the only way that plays out.

In terms of coaching I think the way they finished last season & the recruiting streak have bought them some good will & leeway. There's every chance in the world we play good football & are 2-2 at the end of September (assuming they play all the games),

It will be a motifed season for sure, they just gave Oklahoma an extra by week before playing UT so right now Oklahoma plays 1 game then gets a week off then play UT.

It could be conference only, it would be adding a couple bye weeks to let teams monitor the situation before playing again. Could be cutting out the cupcakes like Furman and Charlotte. Going to 9 or 10 games.

UT could see Oklahoma, Florida, Bama, Missouri, and SC in the first 5 weeks. Be real hard to have a winning recored with bad QB play if they start JG and it blows up. if they come out of the first 4 or 5 weeks with a decent record probaby means
JG is playing good ball . IF not Then everyone is wonding why the heck they ran him back on the field kowing he couldn't play.

If you start the true freshman probaby not gonna be much better thrown in the fire against Oklahoma, florida, and bama early what happens if they play 7-8 weeks then cancel the season? Would that be worth losing a redshirt for 4 or 5 possible wins if that many wins. during a canceled season.

In terms of Bailey redshirting, I'd say maybe it is worth it to go ahead and RS on a cancelled season. He's had basically no real football development at UT yet & they can use this fall for that. I think they'll just chalk everything up this year. If he is that good, and they cancel this season or say it doesn't count, then he gets another RS year, you think he's really going to stick around 3 or 4 more if he is that good? I say burn in on a year that probably won't count for anything anyway, and they may give them all another one anyway.

buckaroo

You can't be serious when you say that???[/quote]

What part are you asking if he's serious about?[/quote]
Bailey being another Peyton.[/quote]

Dead serious, he is as good as any qb starting college this year

wayne

PillsburyDoughboy":69en9az2 said:
buckaroo":69en9az2 said:
Vols aren't ranked because of the content of this topic, Guarantano, Bailey on the other hand could be another Peyton

You can't be serious when you say that???
This from the guy that said Taulia was better than Tua.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

wayne":3qcobrlj said:
PillsburyDoughboy":3qcobrlj said:
buckaroo":3qcobrlj said:
Vols aren't ranked because of the content of this topic, Guarantano, Bailey on the other hand could be another Peyton

You can't be serious when you say that???
This from the guy that said Taulia was better than Tua.

We needed a bigger boat.

Now ALABAMA has TWO top 25 Quarterbacks.

cbhunter

buckaroo":2f6ulv99 said:
Gaurantano actually was ranked the no, 1 dual threat qb out of high school

And yet his high school rushing stats were no where near impressive!

One of the strangest ranking jobs ever. They miss a lot but they weren't in the same universe with this one

wayne

I think you will see Kasim Hill before Bailey early in the season.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
PDB, just be at the 50 and ready to try and patch the hole in that sinking ship.. :rotf:

wayne

cbhunter":1w5h6oac said:
wayne":1w5h6oac said:

I like Hill and think he has a lot of talent.

But im very curious on your reasoning behind that prediction?
He has game experience at the college level. He was with the team last year and has had time with Chaney. He only has 1 year of eligibility left which makes him, for lack of a better term, expendable.

Volbuck777

wayne":1c4e1vtv said:
cbhunter":1c4e1vtv said:
wayne":1c4e1vtv said:

He has game experience at the college level. He was with the team last year and has had time with Chaney. He only has 1 year of eligibility left which makes him, for lack of a better term, expendable.

Okay so I disagreed with Wayne earlier on this thread, but I agree with him on this, kasim hill is in my opinion better than JG and also expendable. Plus I got a buddy that's a big Maryland fan and he says he wishes he wouldnt have transferred that they loved him up there. He's probably a lot better than we think. Injuries has killed his career so far, but if he's healthy he may be great.

THEdonkey0515

We will see atleast 2 probaby 3 QBs before they send bailey out. I just dont see them sending out the true freshman unless it's a we have no other choice kinda thing.

If your a vol fan your hoping it dont get to that point that means the other 2 or 3 guys played poorly or got hurt.

They not keeping it close against bama, Oklahoma, Florida. And others with poor playing / hurt QBs.

THEdonkey0515

The guys that keep bringing up peyton manning.

Your realize peyton was the 3ed QB on the depth chart to start his true freshman year right?

He didnt complete a pass till week 3 only because the starter got hurt week 1, and was out the rest of the season.....and didn't throw a TD till week 4 because the backup QB got hurt in that game forcing peyton to take over.

cbhunter

wayne":1a7t9ke3 said:
cbhunter":1a7t9ke3 said:
wayne":1a7t9ke3 said:

Well it appears that Hill will be out of the equation. He intends to transfer according to reports ive seen today

Latest posts