Will Pruitt bench Guarantano?

PalsPal

cbhunter":2slhp1y5 said:
I recall last year before the season started Pruitt said something like "JG is the starting qb for this team and I don't want my qb to have to look over his shoulder and be worried"

I can see that his first year coming in. It would not have been a good look to bench the returning starter.

But surely he's smarter than that! But hey, he did come from Bama, so what can we expect?

Fulmer doesn't want the L's on his record. Plus, he is too invested in JP, since he is his hire. His tenure as AD is riding on JP.

Oh what Mike Leach could have done with this team!

cbhunter

Although I'm not on the "fire Pruitt" wagon, I am very unsure about him. Heck I'm not even sure if he knows who the "backup qb" is. If he does know then apparently it's not Maurer.

I do have a feeling that if and when something happens to JG this year, that's what he brought the transfer in for

febd1ac6e59bb7bb3c59292930fe03de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalsPal

cbhunter":33ce04um said:
Although I'm not on the "fire Pruitt" wagon, I am very unsure about him. Heck I'm not even sure if he knows who the "backup qb" is. If he does know then apparently it's not Maurer.

I do have a feeling that if and when something happens to JG this year, that's what he brought the transfer in for

I guess in JP's eyes one of the other guys must be running #2. That is pretty smart AND bold for him to do that on his own.

And talking about the shoe, not only did it come off, it was pulled off by a BYU player (which happens), but the guy slung it to the TN bench. Kind of a jerk move, but if he had been thinking he would have thrown it to the BYU bench :D !

wayne

PalsPal":3u8aq7m6 said:
cbhunter":3u8aq7m6 said:

I guess in JP's eyes one of the other guys must be running #2. That is pretty smart AND bold for him to do that on his own.

And talking about the shoe, not only did it come off, it was pulled off by a BYU player (which happens), but the guy slung it to the TN bench. Kind of a jerk move, but if he had been thinking he would have thrown it to the BYU bench :D !
Pruitt also said "I tell them(the qb's) every week we don't have a backup quarterback until you decide it for us".

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

wayne

cbhunter":1aofls7i said:
CJP compared us to the TITANIC today. You cant make this stuff up :rotf: :eek:
He not comparing the program to the titanic. He's saying that there are people who give up to easy vs people who will fight no matter what. That's the analogy.

cbhunter

wayne":3ngh2rmb said:
cbhunter":3ngh2rmb said:
CJP compared us to the TITANIC today. You cant make this stuff up :rotf: :eek:
He not comparing the program to the titanic. He's saying that there are people who give up to easy vs people who will fight no matter what. That's the analogy.

Like I said.....Team (players are part of team) and titanic in same analogy

edac74680f3e018c483e63088d147284.jpg

TreyB

cbhunter":36nwgvf8 said:
Regardless of what he meant, fans never want to hear titanic referenced by the head coach when talking about his own team.

Yeah that's just asking for jabs

wayne

cbhunter":ijoljl05 said:

The transfer isn't eligible until next year.

cbhunter

wayne":285ixz84 said:
cbhunter":285ixz84 said:

Your right, I let that slip my mind. We will see one if not both of the other two qbs sometime soon then. Unfortunately I think it will basically take an injury to get there though.

wayne

cbhunter":1t4dyckc said:
wayne":1t4dyckc said:
cbhunter":1t4dyckc said:

Your right, I let that slip my mind. We will see one if not both of the other two qbs sometime soon then. Unfortunately I think it will basically take an injury to get there though.
Should see both against UTC. Best case scenario is JG gets 2-3 series and takes the rest of the day off. Hopefully one of the backups shows enough during the game to get the job.

Latest posts