Kodiak Canvas tents?

Laserman1

IMG_3802.jpeg

Carlos

A couple of guys who used to camp with us had a nice one. They'd always set it up against their camper, and use it for the kitchen/lounging area.
It was really cool, if you enjoy camping it would probably be great to have.

Tenntrapper

We have the 10x14 deluxe with vestibule. Great tents...no complaints, except as @Forvols said...it's friggin heavy.

Edit to add this.... We did get caught in it during a really bad storm, with very high winds. The tent held up great. The only problem, the normally waterproof canvas did start producing a mist from the high winds ...50+mph.

As I said, this was an exceptional storm to get caught in a tent in. The half hour storm nearly set the CR-V on the ground. Boat was trailered and front slightly downhill. Boat was a swimming pool.

Last edited:

Spurhunter

Kodiak is also an awesome company to deal with.
I had the exact opposite experience. Soon after I started using mine some small pinholes about the size of a BB started appearing in the canvas. I contacted them and they said I drug it across concrete and I was SOL. This tent had never been around concrete. It was only used in the woods. I talked to everybody at the company that would listen and they all said the same thing. I had to purchase a repair kit and fix it myself. I did love the tent though. My newer, bigger Teton Mesa is also a flex bow canvas tent, but doesn't have the windows my Kodiak had. I miss that.

Omega

I use a nylon truck tent right now, but may get a a Kodiak truck tent when it comes time for a replacement. With as much time I've had erecting and repairing GP Mediums in the military I figure I can make it last a lifetime or two.
Edit: Seems they have a giveaway going on:
1715001201049.png

Latest posts