Jarrett Guarantano!

PalsPal

Deserves his own thread.

I've been a staunch critic, but he has handled the adversity as well as possible. He came through huge tonight, and we do not win this game without him.

Displaced_Vol

PalsPal":po6stnwl said:
Deserves his own thread.

I've been a staunch critic, but he has handled the adversity as well as possible. He came through huge tonight, and we do not win this game without him.

Agreed.

I've been critical of his play, not as much as others but more than some. And deservedly so I feel.
But, tonight, he showed up & made key plays to help us win this game.
I also want to put a good word in for the coaching staff. Not so much there in the first quarter but to make adjustments & have them ready to go in the 2nd half, big coaching job.

But back to the topic of JG, I don't think there's any better way to put than what you said: we don it win this game without him.

cbhunter

Agreed guys, I'm probably his worst critic on this forum and have been for a long time. He came in and done a solid job.

I noticed the coaches have been working on rolling him out and convincing him to commit to the run when necessary. He ran for some critical yards on more than one occasion.

The win was pretty ugly at times but I'll take them however we can get them. Defense did a solid job when it mattered most as well. Good enjoyable day of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandslam11

We found a way to win and that's all that matters. I also give the coaches credit for switching QBs out to see who gives us the best chance to win. Last night that was obviously JG.

The commentators last night brought up a good point though about how he can only hand the ball off in one direction. The coaching staff is going to have to get creative or the next two games will be tough.

Perfect time for a bye week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalsPal

cbhunter":1v5b1gsi said:
He ran for some critical yards on more than one occasion.

Yes he did. That was one of the most frustrating things when he came in as the #1 dual threat QB, when he would/could not escape pressure. But, he made some huge plays with his feet tonight. Almost Josh Dobbs-esque .

Now, he did make some good throws, but let's not forget the play of the WRs. Many of the big plays were 50-50 balls that the WRs would not be denied. And how about the catch by Josh Palmer for the TD?

Latest posts