Good ole TWRA…

th88

Don't be so quick to jump on TWRA until EVERYTHING comes out.

ELISA testing is pretty dang accurate. They may have had a few false positives that the second round of confirmation testing could have rectified, but its VERY unlikely that they had mass false positives. If they did somehow manage to get mass false positives, something sinister probably did go on. But as someone who knows a bit about state agency work and CWD testing, I'm not convinced much out of the ordinary has happened. However I will say that I know of other state agencies that won't even release news about positives UNTIL they get their second round of testing results back. A round of testing that TWRA was skipping. So they did shortcut that at least.

East TN Bowhunter

I could see that happening. I just find it strange that he accuses them of only having cwd data in only 2 counties instead of 16. Don't get me wrong, I love a good conspiracy theory but this could also be an example of lovers scorned.
That is not what he is claiming. He is saying once the better tests were done on all of the positives the govt officials released, they turned out to be negatives because they used the cheaper, more inaccurate tests the first time around. His theory is if they used the more expensive and more accurate tests, there would only be 2 CWD counties in TN.

Last edited:

muddyboots

Hmm all about money. Those lifetime license are breaking twra. I would say good riddance but I don't know what will replace it. Could be worse. I personally have nothing against twra just always knew they were driven by the all mighty dollar when the stupidness of 4 gobblers a year to sell license to out of state hunters happened.