Florida v vols

Displaced_Vol

Why play Shrout?
Bailey wasn't a world beater but he proved he was more than capable of running our offense, simple as it may be. Why hasn't he started since Arkansas?

buckaroo

No spring practice put Bailey behind, but Shrout played much better than JG, no doubt if we had another qb our season would have been much better

Displaced_Vol

Yeah I don't know.
I wasn't too concerned with the couple of deigned plays for Maurer to give them a different look.
Maybe they wanted to give Shrout more reps? Protect Bailey?
Not like the game was in reach but yeah I probably would have let Bailey ride it out.

19_A_CPT

Both QBs looked good stat-wise. I am definately glad to see JG get put on the bench and open the door to these new cats. Bailey is the man going forward, JT Shrout gets a good look as well as his pass percentage is off the charts, but again, garbage time in prevent coverage.

wayne

Florida had 6 of their defensive starters on the field starting the final drive, including the cornerbacks and their best 2 pass rushers.

wayne

And if Bailey's 1st pass of the game hadn't missed so bad, it would have probably been a pick-6.

Displaced_Vol

And if Bailey's 1st pass of the game hadn't missed so bad, it would have probably been a pick-6.

You may be right and like I said I got to see very little of the first half.
I think it boils down to two things: both these guys are a better option than JG & is it worth giving Shrout playing time over Bailey if they think Bailey has more potential as the future starter.

Latest posts