Florida St v Louisville

Jbird22

Sorry. Lots of respect for FSU. If the QB had not gotten hurt we could have this conversation.

But ALABAMA, Michigan, Washington , Texas OSU, Oregon and even Mizzou could solidly beat FSU with the. Current QB.

It's no disrespect to them. It's just a measure of the current state of the program.
Current qb won't be the qb next time they play. I'm no idiot, the season took a huge hit when Travis went down. However, they just keep finding ways to win and that defense gets tougher each week. What would it look like if the teams you mentioned would've lost their qb1 three weeks ago and qb2 last week? Would they still have finished the season 3-0? Speculate all you want, but FSU played 13 and won 13, the last 2 being under the toughest of circumstances.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I think they will put in the three undefeated conference champions…MI, Washington and FSU. That leaves one spot for Texas or Alabama. To me it's a no brainer to pick Texas over Alabama, but there is a huge SEC bias that could very well win out. Hypothetically speaking, if Alabama gets in and wins the natty, that does not (I repeat does NOT) mean that the committee made the right decision. It does not mean Texas wouldn't have won for instance. Similar to the NFL, conference champions get in and then the best records of the next teams (using tie breakers) get in. First tie breaker? Head to head. In college football there are only four spots, which makes it highly subjective who gets in, and basically every year there are legitimate arguments to be made that this team shouldn't have been in and that team should have. Even next year with 12 team playoff, there will be subjective criteria used to "select" the 12 teams. That will be way better than selecting only four teams, but still subjective. When you have subjective criteria to determine who gets in, you have subjective championships. Win your conference? You get in no matter if you're not as good (either to the eye or by record) than a second place in another conference.

cbhunter

Current qb won't be the qb next time they play. I'm no idiot, the season took a huge hit when Travis went down. However, they just keep finding ways to win and that defense gets tougher each week. What would it look like if the teams you mentioned would've lost their qb1 three weeks ago and qb2 last week? Would they still have finished the season 3-0? Speculate all you want, but FSU played 13 and won 13, the last 2 being under the toughest of circumstances.
Good luck with that 😂

He can't answer legit questions. Just a chest puffer

buckaroo

You can't leave a power 5 undefeated champ out, if it does this league is a crooked joke, 3rd string qb will not be the starter at playoffs

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I wonder what some of these Alabama fans would be saying if the shoe was on the other foot? What if Milroe got a broken leg on the last drive against Georgia and still won the game? Would they think Alabama doesn't qualify for the playoffs? I think we ought to get away from as much subjectivity as possible when "selecting" playoff contenders.

BamaProud

Of course FSU is saying their QB will be back and healthy. They have to say that, any team/coach would say that to help their argument

But really will(or would) he be 100% healthy, that's pure speculation and to an extent propaganda.

BamaProud

I wonder what some of these Alabama fans would be saying if the shoe was on the other foot? What if Milroe got a broken leg on the last drive against Georgia and still won the game? Would they think Alabama doesn't qualify for the playoffs? I think we ought to get away from as much subjectivity as possible when "selecting" playoff contenders.

We had that with the BCS. That's why we decided to scrap-pile it.

THEdonkey0515

You can't leave a power 5 undefeated champ out, if it does this league is a crooked joke, 3rd string qb will not be the starter at playoffs
Correct, no way they could without being crooked.

Last few years they didn't take the "best team" but let's start this year because the SEC will get left out.

THEdonkey0515

Good point.

JBell

Hell no. I saw what our backups are😂

Last edited:

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
4 Best teams.
I would agree myself, but I also think there is a very valid argument that Georgia is better than all four of the playoff teams. It's also why I don't think subjectively "selecting" who gets the chance play for a National Championship is the best way to do it.

Latest posts