First time I have EVER done this

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Mounted my scope on my new rifle the other day.
I couldn't find, really never looked, for the right size allen wrench so I just "snugged" the rings and bases up and went on from there.

Went to doublelung's this weekend with inthedoghouse! and Bobby G and while I was there I tightened up everything real good and went out to sight it in.

I started at 25 yards and popped one off.
It was about 4" low but was dead on left & right.

Made an adjustment and shot again.

Made another adjustment and moved back to 100 yards and shot.

Made one more adjustment and shot a couple to be sure. 1 1/2" high at 100 yards and I NEVER TOUCHED the left & right adjustment !

I have mounted and sighted in a BUNCH of scopes in my life and I have never ever done that.

Just thought that was really really odd.

Still can't get used to shooting a bolt action with no recoil, just feels weird. :D

BigD_625

Nice job!!

The guy that owned the local gun shop in my hometown would always bore sight a little high and to the right. There was three or four times that he bore sighted one for us that didn't need any adjustment out to 50 yards.

DaveB

I use a Bushnell bore sighter. Stick the correct arbor in the barrel, use a level to get the scope level, line everything up, lock it down, go to range. Amazing how accurate those things are.

To get it right using eyeballs, pretty darn good. "Knowledge guided by experience" works with lots of things(I'll donate 20 bucks to TNDeer if any reader knows where that quote came from without referencing the internet) No cheating.

HilhamHawk

I did one better than that. I took a scope off of one rifle, and mounted it on a completely different rifle & caliber. Imagine my shock when I found it to be dead on, requiring NO adjustment whatsoever. How's that for freak luck?