Federal Tss?

deerfever

I just got my order in from Rogers and I am a little confused. I shot the 1000fps #9 shot last year. This year the website showed #9 shot at 1200fps. I went ahead and ordered them because I can't find the others at all. UPS shows today I open them and it say 1100 fps on the box. I am fine with that and it says#9 shot on the box. Here is where I am confused. On the shell it has stamped 7-9 and has 1and 5/8 oz shot. Anyone else order any lately and notice this? On the box it says 1 and 1/2 once shot? What in the world have I got? Lol

deerfever

Yes let me know what you get if you don't mind. If I knew how to post a picture I would. I was going to call and ask Federal but they are closed til after the new year. I am hoping they just messed up the stamp on the shell or something. I think my wife posted a picture once for me , I may have her try when she gets home. Every box I got is the same way, I got 3 boxes. On a good note Federal put a spur tape on the hull so you can measure the Spurs!

PickettSFHunter

Well I have the same situation as you it seems like. I hope this isn't blends as that's not what I ordered.

03ed30fa757c1d05ec9fbeb893e875c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerfever

That's exactly like mine! I am like you I did not order blends at all and nothing on my order form says blends. The box is correct and again I am hoping it is a stamp issue or something. I assume the only way we can find out is to call or email Federal with the lot # and hope for an explanation. I don't know if Rogers could tell us anything at all as they probably aren't even aware of the situation. I am not aware of Federal even making any Tss blends.

deerfever

I seen an on the horizon piece in the nwtf magazine that said Browning was coming out with a 7 and 9 blend but I have not seen where Federal was doing that. What issue was it in? Thanks for the help!

deerfever

I just looked back the article I seen is under the gear up section in the Jan /Feb 2019 issue of the magazine about the Browning blended shells that are coming out.

rbreedi1

deerfever":1fd4qfyu said:
I seen an on the horizon piece in the nwtf magazine that said Browning was coming out with a 7 and 9 blend but I have not seen where Federal was doing that. What issue was it in? Thanks for the help!

It's in the Jan/Feb issue.. there will be a 7/9 blend and a 8/10 blend

deerfever

I found that article you are talking about and I do believe you are correct in what we have gotten. The box says #9 as you can see but the shell matches exactly what it says in the article right down to the 1 5/8 ounce shot. I do believe that is what both of us have is the new for 2019 7/9 blend. Thanks for your help! Now I guess just figure what to do about it if I can do anything. I really liked the #9 from last year. I guess I will try Federal when they open back up. I believe the policy at Rogers is no ammo returns but I guess since it's not what is advertised they may make an exception who knows , I will check into it. Thanks again!

deerfever

I agree with you if I had the 8/10 I would feel better about it. I guess this could be a good shell but will see if I can somehow just get the straight #9 to replace what I got ,I know for sure how they pattern out of my gun.

PickettSFHunter

This has somewhat concluded. Rogers gave me a call after I submitted a help ticket. They found 4 cases where Federal packaged the shells incorrectly somehow. Rogers Sporting Goods is having UPS return these shells and sending me straight 9's. Apparently the return shipping is going to be on Rogers not Federal, which I hate, but that really tells me that Rogers Sporting Goods really cares about their customers getting what they ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerfever

I would like to second what PickettSfhunter has said. I called Rogers this morning and they are doing the same thing for me .I really appreciate them taking care of me and I will definitely be buying from them again. Ultimately this was not even Rogers fault in any shape or form but they really went to bat for their customers to solve the problem!

SKFOOTER

As many Federal shells as Roger's sells, I'm sure Federal will make it worth Roger's time. And I also will echo the positive sentiments about their customer service!