Doggies versus Bammers

deerfever

This is just crazy talk. GREG Sansky SEC commissioner was on this AM and said both teams would be in consideration regardless of who wins.
Again, I think both should be in if Bama wins but are you really thinking they will keep.out an undefeated Washington team, undefeated FSU if they win, Undefeated Michigan if they win and then Texas beat Bama head to head. I agree it's crazy talk but I wouldn't put my trust in that committee at all. Again surely one of them will get in , I don't see how they keep the SEC champion out but I just don't put a lot of faith in that committee.

deerfanatic

I honestly don't care who wins this game but a Bama win may seal the deal of no SEC team in the playoffs. Sad thing either of these teams in my opinion would beat Washington, FSU or Michigan who have easy championship games Kentucky beat Louisville and Iowa is not very good. I believe Bama would now beat Texas as Milroe has gotten way better since week 2. Hopefully 1 of them gets in as the SEC has proven it's dominance with 6 of.9 championship wins since the CFP. I don't see how they keep the SEC champ out but I am afraid they will if Bama wins, great game to watch! Just thinking ahead. Lol, I think if Bama wins they both should go, I may be just a little partial to SEC football!
You heard FSU is probably gonna have to go with a true freshman qb cause last weekend starter most likely out with a concussion? Louisville isn't that bad. This is not gonna be an easy game for fsu if they have to roll with the freshman qb from Camden tn

deerfanatic

Again, I think both should be in if Bama wins but are you really thinking they will keep.out an undefeated Washington team, undefeated FSU if they win, Undefeated Michigan if they win and then Texas beat Bama head to head. I agree it's crazy talk but I wouldn't put my trust in that committee at all. Again surely one of them will get in , I don't see how they keep the SEC champion out but I just don't put a lot of faith in that committee.
Both??? That's kinda crazy talk. You do know we have undefeated teams left and a Texas team with one loss that beat bama don't you and has the same record? One maybe but not both. It's gonna be interesting to see what they do

MUP

Don't forget about OSU. 😊

deerfever

You heard FSU is probably gonna have to go with a true freshman qb cause last weekend starter most likely out with a concussion? Louisville isn't that bad. This is not gonna be an easy game for fsu if they have to roll with the freshman qb from Camden tn
Yes,.I know , hopefully Louisville pulls it off as the ACC is not very good this year to begin with. FSU without their starting quarterback is nowhere near a top 4.team in the country but may survive because of the weak conference. Alabama or Georgia in my opinion would be dominant against FSU. If it's the 4 best teams in the country both Alabama and Georgia should be in. Again that's just my opinion, I am sure others would see it differently.

JBell

So it could either be two SEC teams or none? What a joke. If any other SEC team was in the spot Alabama is right now nobody would be at all saying they should be in the playoffs. No way should Alabama get in ahead of Texas.
A 1 loss sec team has won the natty a couple of times

PillsburyDoughboy

Not only does Nick Saban own a couple of Mercedes Benz Dealerships he owns Mercedes BENZ Stadium now.

Roll Tide.

deerfever

Both??? That's kinda crazy talk. You do know we have undefeated teams left and a Texas team with one loss that beat bama don't you and has the same record? One maybe but not both. It's gonna be interesting to see what they do
Yes,.we.do put those teams in the SEC and see if they are undefeated. Again that's just my opinion, if you believe FSU , Washington and Michigan are better than Alabama or Georgia because they are undefeated I respect that. I believe either of the SEC teams would beat them and none of them would be undefeated if they played a season in either SEC division.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
A 1 loss sec team has won the natty a couple of times
Sure without a doubt…because they got into the playoffs. Winning the national championship doesn't mean they are (or were) the best team. While there are certainly some concrete objective points to consider, who gets in the playoffs is highly subjective in college football. I come from the Big Ten, and I can readily say that SEC football is better than the Big Ten, but that in no way means that in any given year that the top SEC team is "better" than the top Big Ten team.
As I sit and listen to the arguments for this team or against that team, it's it's so wonderfully entertaining to see how different years determine which way one wants to emphasize what. One year someone wants to emphasize "we need the best teams in the playoffs", and the next year "we need the best resumes in the playoffs". The best teams are not necessarily the teams with the best resumes.

LY

Anybody know the makeup of the committee?

I could see folks on the committee from other conferences gleefully keeping an SEC team out of the playoffs. The way the SEC has dominated the playoffs I can see it happening. Add to the fact that this year they've actually got a good argument for doing so.

JBell

If they leave the SEC out. It will be strictly to make a statement that they are not biased. Which they have been accused of.

G@TOR

Anybody know the makeup of the committee?

I could see folks on the committee from other conferences gleefully keeping an SEC team out of the playoffs. The way the SEC has dominated the playoffs I can see it happening. Add to the fact that this year they've actually got a good argument for doing so.
Mary Kay!

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
If they leave the SEC out. It will be strictly to make a statement that they are not biased. Which they have been accused of.
I can't disagree with this at all. This is why the college football championship is much more than the game on the field. It's better now that four teams get to play…better than two teams and better than just plain ole voting in the polls deciding. Football will always be much more subjective than other sports because there are so few games played and you can't have a best of seven series. Fans enjoy the bickering back and forth.

Latest posts