Cougar taken by Hunter in Tennessee

Land Between the Lakes

Whatever happened to the cougar or cougars that were confirmed in western and central Tennessee? If they are still roaming around TN it's amazing how they have been able to avoid trail cams during the past few months since they were last captured on a hunters trail cam.

BULL MOOSE

It or they are still out there. I don't have a camera in the field and I would suspect less are in the field and being operated at the moment. Last probable sighting was in North Decatur county but cannot be 100% confirmed because cellphone pic was not legible.

AllOutdoors

Land Between the Lakes":296cl3sj said:
Whatever happened to the cougar or cougars that were confirmed in western and central Tennessee? If they are still roaming around TN it's amazing how they have been able to avoid trail cams during the past few months since they were last captured on a hunters trail cam.
Probably far fewer cameras in use now?

csi-tech

One of them was 5 miles from my Southern property line. I pulled my cameras in January so who knows. I may put one out just for predators in July.

Mike Belt

Ames was one of the locations and hunters aren't allowed on the place until September so no cameras are running. Ames people may have some out??

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
I'm not gonna name names but an "acquaintance" of mine has one on video as it stalked his turkey decoy this past weekend. It came within 15 yards of him while he was sitting on the ground. I haven't seen the video myself but a mutual friend has and he said it was legit.

PillsburyDoughboy

Mike Belt":2qvg1g16 said:
Ames was one of the locations and hunters aren't allowed on the place until September so no cameras are running. Ames people may have some out??

Seems legit LOL

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
I'm not 100% positive as to where he was hunting but it would have been in Benton or Henry counties.

csi-tech

I have 300 acres that is just North (5.5 miles) of where one of the cats was confirmed. I'm going to start running cameras a little earlier and maybe dedicate 1 or 2 to predators. If I know cats, a little vapo-rub will bring every last one of them in.

Locksley

UPSman":12sia7cp said:
I'm not 100% positive as to where he was hunting but it would have been in Benton or Henry counties.
There was once a lot of timber company land that could be hunted in those counties .

Latest posts