Camouflage Patterns.....

PillsburyDoughboy

Not on the "identification" subject, and will probably get some pushback on this, but camo is sold to hunters, not animals. Like fishing lures, we buy it because the way it looks to us. As long as it breaks your outline, most animals could give a rats rear end what you're wearing or how much you paid for it. Several years back, I was leaving a blind while wearing a brown plaid hoodie. Suddenly a 6ptr stepped into the field I was walking through at about 30yds. I froze. We had a standoff for at least 5mins while he did the "head bob" dance trying to figure me out. It finally just meandered away looking back only once. It was then it dawned on me that hunters (long before myself) killed huge amounts of deer wearing red plaid shirts, pants, and hats. Long before tree stands or modern camo blinds. It was either spot n stalk, or sitting on the ground, sometimes behind a pile of sticks. Expensive camo is over rated. Movement will get you busted no matter what you wear. Yes, I've also killed turkeys on those cold spring mornings wearing that same brown plaid hoodie. Too bad I can't find a face mask and pants in brown plaid.
THIS !

With that said I do tend to think most of the camo patterns are way to dark for most hunting environments. I usually see hunters in the woods because they are darker than their surrounding. Also when you look UP what do you see? You see alot of white. Something to consider in a camo pattern. More camo patterns need to have some white blended in IMHO. Not to the point of being mistaken for being a deer of course.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

This settles it for me concerning the "over rated" thread that many have commented on. There is absolutely no way an item that generates this much nostalgia and wonderful memories can be overrated. Whether its plad, brown drab, a red hat with ear muffs. Who cares, it's the memories boys, so buy and use what you want cause it's all gonna be memories!!! I hope it's good ones for you.

PillsburyDoughboy

This settles it for me concerning the "over rated" thread that many have commented on. There is absolutely no way an item that generates this much nostalgia and wonderful memories can be overrated. Whether its plad, brown drab, a red hat with ear muffs. Who cares, it's the memories boys, so buy and use what you want cause it's all gonna be memories!!! I hope it's good ones for you.
True... I stopped for dinner one night at a FF place. Dude came out of the back to wipe down tables. Asked me and my son how we expected to kill deer with them old mixed and maxed camo's on. I asked him how he expected to kill deer making $8 bucks a hour when he can't go out hunting. LOL

Latest posts