Camouflage Patterns.....

utvolsfan77

Forget the squirrel, does anyone recognize the exact camo pattern of the hoodie I'm wearing?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 391
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 360

Gravey

Original "Realtree"?

Looks kinda what followed Jim Crumbley's "Trebark" pattern.
I always thought "Trebark" was an excellent tree-stand camo pattern,
perhaps better than most everything out today.
That's my guess too. I've got a wool coat from Cabelas that I rarely wear because it's so thick and warm but it's the trebark and love it to this day. It's pushing 30 years old.

utvolsfan77

I thought it was a second generation Realtree as well, and I believe it came out a little bit after Jim Crumbley marketed his Treebark pattern. Lot of similarities between the two, but I've always favored Realtree,

As far as Rocky the squirrel, he absolutely loved sunflower seeds. Every payday I'd buy a bulk bag at the Fort Stewart commissary for a little of nothing, then break down into gallon sized Ziplock bags. All I had to do was walk outside, shake that bag a few times, and he would come running from as far as 150 yards away.

BSK

I still have my original cotton jumpsuit in Treebark pattern. In my opinion, one of the best treestand camo patterns ever made.

Interestingly, Toxey Haas of Mossy Oak once told me his favorite camo was his original Mossy Oak. All of the newer patterns sold after that was just for market forces (have to have a new camo every year).

utvolsfan77

It's Realtree Grey Leaf
I knew it was an early Real Tree pattern, I just couldn't remember the exact name. Those photos were about 1995-1996 and I'd had that particular hoodie for a couple of years at that time. Wore that and matching bibs for several years until Real Tree Advantage came out. My, my, how much camo patterns have improved since then. But then again, people often quote Fred Bear saying, "The best camouflage is to simply sit still".

Latest posts