Camouflage Patterns.....

redblood

Here a pattern i loved. Mossy oak treestand. I only had a couple of pieces of it, but im back on the trail
Of some

Attachments

• 47504694-E145-431B-9B7E-0DE7BD25A534.png
    47504694-E145-431B-9B7E-0DE7BD25A534.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 54

Headhunter

Improved to what? Our eyes our deers' eyes? I wouldn't say the camo has improved. I still think the original Trebark was the best treestand camo ever made.
Camo is overrated, for deer anyways. I have killed a pile of deer, including mature bucks, in blue jeans and t-shirt or if it is cooler, whatever flavor of camo I have coveralls in. Being still is way more important than any camo.

Headhunter

Not on the "identification" subject, and will probably get some pushback on this, but camo is sold to hunters, not animals. Like fishing lures, we buy it because the way it looks to us. As long as it breaks your outline, most animals could give a rats rear end what you're wearing or how much you paid for it. Several years back, I was leaving a blind while wearing a brown plaid hoodie. Suddenly a 6ptr stepped into the field I was walking through at about 30yds. I froze. We had a standoff for at least 5mins while he did the "head bob" dance trying to figure me out. It finally just meandered away looking back only once. It was then it dawned on me that hunters (long before myself) killed huge amounts of deer wearing red plaid shirts, pants, and hats. Long before tree stands or modern camo blinds. It was either spot n stalk, or sitting on the ground, sometimes behind a pile of sticks. Expensive camo is over rated. Movement will get you busted no matter what you wear. Yes, I've also killed turkeys on those cold spring mornings wearing that same brown plaid hoodie. Too bad I can't find a face mask and pants in brown plaid.
correct!

megalomaniac

The best camo is last years fad that goes on sale dirt cheap the next year. Not because it's any good, just because you can get clothes cheap.

Most of my deer and turkeys are killed in old woodlands camo pattern pants from the late 70s. I don't wear those pants because the camo is better than others, I wear them because the pants are comfortable and I got them at an army surplus store 20y ago for $5.

I've never felt what I'm wearing has ever hurt my chances at a deer or turkey.

TheLBLman

The best camo is last years fad that goes on sale dirt cheap the next year.
Truer words never spoken!

I suspect the majority of my accumulated hunting clothes were purchased at a deep discount in January to March over many years.

My only complaint is I apparently wear a popular size, all gone, before the almost give-away discounts get applied to "small" and "XXXL" sizes.

DoubleRidge

I still wear my ASAT from 25 years ago, most of the time, or just plain earth tones or plaid.

I was wondering if anyone would mention ASAT....I remember when it first came out....looked strange.....but in the woods.... wow.....it truly is all season all terrain camo that doesn't wash out.....my set has long wore out....but it was good stuff.

Lost Lake

I was wondering if anyone would mention ASAT....I remember when it first came out....looked strange.....but in the woods.... wow.....it truly is all season all terrain camo that doesn't wash out.....my set has long wore out....but it was good stuff.
Man it's good stuff. I still have some from '90-'91 that's I still use. I know you can hunt in anything, but until you walk up on someone sitting still on the side of a hardwood ridge while they're wearing that stuff and totally miss them, it's hard to imagine how well it works.

DoubleRidge

Man it's good stuff. I know you can hunt in anything, but until you walk up on someone sitting still on the side of a hardwood ridge while they're wearing that stuff and totally miss them, it's hard to imagine how well it works.

Agree....that's exactly what sold me on it..a buddy of mine was wearing it and I couldn't believe how well it blended in while on the ground or in the tree....the colors and pattern truly do work.

Latest posts