build or buy tower?

BSK

We've got a "Ridgeline" condo On a small trailer we can position with a 4 wheeler. Keeps those "stand wary" deer guessing…
Great idea.

Staying mobile - or at least changing stand locations every so often - is a hugely successful technique.

Sadly, my family's "stand moving weekend" is coming up. Moving those 2-person ladder stands is becoming a bear for us older hunters.

tellico4x4

Movng those 2-person ladder stands is becoming a bear for us older hunters.
We have "teams" that take care of that kind of stuff. Plot team is mostly us old guys, stand teams are the young punks 😂. Can work whenever but we have a cutoff date that everything has to be done. Works well since our members cover 6 states.

BigAl

Great idea. I have wasp issues and so far nothing has really worked for me.

BigAl

My wooden stand would get a few wasp nests but I treat it with Ortho's Home Defense and it has dealt with them pretty good. I also get a ton of Japanese beetles, like lady bugs, and it cuts down their number quite a bit. I don't know how good it will work on plastic but I will give it a try, but did receive the same pest strip tip from Gatodoc, and have it saved on Amazon just in case. I will check mid-august to see what has creeped in there to see how to proceed.
View attachment 188511
I have some of this stuff so I will give it a try as well. Do you know if it does anything for wasps?

Omega

I have some of this stuff so I will give it a try as well. Do you know if it does anything for wasps?
I still get a few wasp nests, but they are usually just a few cells and the wasps are no longer present, or dead on the floor, so yes I think it gets them too, except they have to crawl around the sprayed area for it to affect them. I have sprayed them directly too, mostly outside on the underside of the stand, and it gets rid of them pretty fast, but not as fast as permethrin which I have started using to clear nests with. I spray my stand in late August or early September, and then follow up again a week or two before I plan to hunt, but by then I mostly have to sweep them up. The Japanese beetles are a bit more resistant, I still have a few moving around even when I am hunting, but only a few.

Bgoodman30

My farm partner and I struggled with this for years. We even started building a couple that never finished.. I am pretty handy but I am a poor carpenter..lol

Finally I picked up a Redneck and sent him a bill. Best decision ever. There is nothing better than a Redneck and if its your main spot I would absolutely invest in one. Mine is coming up on its 3rd season and still looks brand new.

I have hunted in a Sportsman condo too and they are great for the money. We might get them for a lease because my lease partners are CHEAP ha ha.

TNTreeman

My SC crossbow is awesome. Got it in march, zero bugs have gotten in it. I've got it 10' in the air and putting carpet , chairs and heat in it. Im anchoring it down and bracing it right now. Maybe even putting in a urinal and small septic tank underground.

kaizen leader

My SC crossbow is awesome. Got it in march, zero bugs have gotten in it. I've got it 10' in the air and putting carpet , chairs and heat in it. Im anchoring it down and bracing it right now. Maybe even putting in a urinal and small septic tank underground.
Man cave. Awesome.

Jcalder

Urinal for my hunting house. Looking at making a box or cabinet to hide it lol. Need a way to rinse it it but shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
71288287603__492CC8B6-04D4-4248-AF3D-CC8B480AC7C6.jpeg

BSK

My policy too but I've had to interrupt the process twice to shoot deer…
That can certainly happen!

My daughter - so far the only hunter to have killed a buck from one of our condo stands - happened to have one of her boots off so she could rub her frozen foot when Mr. Buck stepped out.

Latest posts