Big buck tonight- bad shot

Huntaholic

WOW! I hope he finds his dog! Tell that boy to give me a call, Ive got 2 tracking systems that I dont have any use for since I quit coon hunting and I would be glad to help him out. Losing a deer is bad enough, but losing your dog is absolutely heart breaking. I went coon hunting ONE time without a tracking system and that was it for me. I never turned a dog loose again without a way to find it. After getting a tracking system I never left a dog that I didnt know where it was. I did leave one twice, same dog, but I knew exactly where she was I just couldnt get to her in the dark. I was there at daylight the next morning both times to get her though.

killingtime 41

Hope he finds the dog. You shouldn't go in deep like that without a collar. At least a shock collar to pull the dog off the deer. I've got a GSP she wears the collar anytime I let her out. Beep and vibrate usually do the trick. But shock only when absolutely necessary. Turn it to 10 and they will pull off of anything else they get a mind to do that they weren't told to do.

Roadracer6

Not sure where you were, but I was hunting on priest tonight and watched a dog chase a young buck by me. It did have a collar on it.....I've seen this dog multiple times running deer so I think it's a local dog.

philsanchez76

Glad you got the meat! This thread was a thriller for sure. Your face says it was worth the effort. Congrats again! Time for a well deserved rest…

Are you shoulder mounting this buck or other plans? I'm sure this will bring back memories when you look at it on the wall.
He'll be tossed into the pot at some point in the next week for a very budget friendly Euro mount. I will definitely never forget the drama on this one.

philsanchez76

WOW! I hope he finds his dog! Tell that boy to give me a call, Ive got 2 tracking systems that I dont have any use for since I quit coon hunting and I would be glad to help him out. Losing a deer is bad enough, but losing your dog is absolutely heart breaking. I went coon hunting ONE time without a tracking system and that was it for me. I never turned a dog loose again without a way to find it. After getting a tracking system I never left a dog that I didnt know where it was. I did leave one twice, same dog, but I knew exactly where she was I just couldnt get to her in the dark. I was there at daylight the next morning both times to get her though.
thats very generous. iill hook you up with him. pm sent.