Found these tonight

huvrman

So, I came home from a trip to town and met the UPS guy delivering a package to my drop box. What a great guy. He said he wasn't allowed to drive his truck down my driveway after dark because of the snow, (no place to turn around and he'd have to back up) so he parked on the road and carried 2 large packages over 150 yards to my drop box. Anyway, as I drove up we met and exchanged pleasantries. He asked me if I'd seen the tracks that crossed my driveway. Apparently, he walked up on them in the dark, took some pictures, dropped off my packages, and headed back to the truck. He was pretty concerned, but I figured they were from a large dog. Anyway, he left and I went to take a look. Attached are the pictures. One has my foot for reference. Looks like a large dog, but what surprises me is the distance between prints and the fact they head into a ravine that is so rough, steep, and thick only a wild animal would venture there. Barring the errant chupacabra, and a not so big bigfoot, what are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 20240117_175900.jpg
    20240117_175900.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240117_175850.jpg
    20240117_175850.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240117_175739.jpg
    20240117_175739.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 8

Huntaholic

Before trail cameras, snow was the camera.

There is some good info to be gained from walking around in the snow if it lasts long enough.
TRUTH right here! I went stir crazy and had to get out a little while. Ive got some property in Clay co that has hogs SOMETIMES on it, I havent had a trailcam pic of one in over a year though. Theres a road through it about 2 miles long so I usually drive the road and look for tracks crossing.
I found where hogs had crossed the road 3 times and took off tracking them. I didnt have time or the inclination to drop off and check the 3 sets of bluffs Im certain they were holed up under but I did track them long enough to figure out that ONE was in heat, and another one had the shats. You just cant figure all that out from a trail camera! LOL

tellico4x4

TRUTH right here! I went stir crazy and had to get out a little while. Ive got some property in Clay co that has hogs SOMETIMES on it, I havent had a trailcam pic of one in over a year though. Theres a road through it about 2 miles long so I usually drive the road and look for tracks crossing.
I found where hogs had crossed the road 3 times and took off tracking them. I didnt have time or the inclination to drop off and check the 3 sets of bluffs Im certain they were holed up under but I did track them long enough to figure out that ONE was in heat, and another one had the shats. You just cant figure all that out from a trail camera! LOL
Yep, headed to my place tomorrow after church to do some looking before it melts Monday

Latest posts