Getting tired of these.

JJ3

Yes, it's either move on or change your mindset about why you hunt. Sadly, I'm a horn hunter now and see killing these bucks as an extermination service. Also, I'm saving them from a slow painful death.
Yeah, you either stay as exterminator or leave and let nature runs its course. It just really hurts me to kill something just to let it go to waste. Sounds like if 80 - 100% of 3.5 yr bucks are positive nature is well on its way to running the course. I just wish there was a way to keep it from spreading. But when you see positives pop up 50 or 100 miles north or south, it's evident that there are vectors for spreading that science just fully doesn't understand, yet. And it's too bad there is no way to hold accountable whoever brought the (those) first positive deer into that Grand Junction region.

Ski

Oh but I should say that all food bought at your local market is very clear from any harmful substances. (Just don't get pre-cut produce, bagged vegetables, actually any produce, meat or seafood products.)

Or dairy, juices, preserved foods, or really anything at all for human consumption. Chinese melamine in pet foods so don't buy that either. Aside from all that you're completely safe, no worries.

bowtechgump

Or dairy, juices, preserved foods, or really anything at all for human consumption. Chinese melamine in pet foods so don't buy that either. Aside from all that you're completely safe, no worries.
I have seen many individuals tell me how "nobody" killed or caught game to feed their family. I personally learned to hunt or fish, solely because we had to ensure that we were able to eat. I hope that you all stand up before you have the same problem.

fairchaser

Do you find a lot of dead deer around the woods or see sick and dying ones walking around? I am north of you in Benton Co. No positive case yet
We do pickup dead heads and see a few skeletons but the majority get shot, hit by cars or get eaten by coyotes. Very few cases on deer that appear sick and unafraid. There was a big buck in a cow pond swimming in circles in December.

Latest posts