Getting old sucks

knightrider

You made it to 930? That wind got up at 830 and I got chilly. Biscuits and gravy started sounding good so I came out at 9 lol.
Only 2nd time ive been this fall, normally on a front like today i wouldve been in there all day, maybe i will get more enthused with a gun in my hand lol the biscuits and gravy do sound good😂

CHRIS WILSON

First cold front of the year and i was home by 9:30? Years past i wouldve sat all day today, just dont have the mojo this year i guess
I'm sitting here doing 12 hr shifts at the hospital this weekend just wishing I was able to get out today and tomorrow. Just buying my time until Monday.

deerhunter10

First cold front of the year and i was home by 9:30? Years past i wouldve sat all day today, just dont have the mojo this year i guess
I can honestly say I've never ever sat all day during bow season. But as fired up as I am for deer season there still days that I just don't feel it I guess and come out a little early.

fairchaser

I try to hang until 10:00 or 11:00 but it's tough! My cameras have been showing more movement around noon. I can't make it until then unless I have a lot of activity and it's the rut.

In the afternoon, the closer I get to dark, the more reasons I think of to get down. I'm not afraid of the dark, I just don't want to shoot something I can't see and make a mistake on the wrong deer. A bucks antlers look bigger in the fading light. Ask me how I know!

Remi

I try to hang until 10:00 or 11:00 but it's tough! My cameras have been showing more movement around noon. I can't make it until then unless I have a lot of activity and it's the rut.

In the afternoon, the closer I get to dark, the more reasons I think of to get down. I'm not afraid of the dark, I just don't want to shoot something I can't see and make a mistake on the wrong deer. A bucks antlers look bigger in the fading light. Ask me how I know!

When it gets hard to identify small buck or doe that's when I climb down. there's usually shooting light left but like you I don't want to make a mistake.

It's very thick where I hunt plus the canopy is still full so it gets tough to see quick.

Latest posts