Best factory rifle

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
My favorite is a Tikka T3 Lite with a Stainless/composite stock in 7mm-08 caliber. I topped it with a Zeiss 4 x 14 stainless to match the gun. When it comes to reaching out and touching something, this one gets the job done. The Tikkas just seem to fit me better than any rifle I have ever picked up. I am convinced that stainless is the way to go when buying a hunting rifle that will be exposed to the elements.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I have a few Remington 700's, but for some reason when I grab a gun out of my gun safe one of my Bergaras just seems to jump in my hand!

UpperTully

My go to rifle is a Ruger American predator in 6.5 creedmoor, a Jerry Miculek muzzle brake, and Zeiss scope, I also have the same rifle in .308 and 300 blackout all are tack drivers.
I had one and although it was a very accurate gun, the build quality left a lot to be desired and felt cheap. For the price they want for them now, you're better off to spend a few dollars more and buy a blued Tikka T3.

Jcalder

I would agree! Either or are the best new guns for todays sub 1k market.

I almost pulled the trigger and bought a Bergara this week.
I'm a fan of both, but I've only fondled a tikka so I can't go beyond that. They do have a very smooth bolt. I'm not a fan of their weird recoil lug. I like bergara awfully well. If I had a complaint, I wish they offered more calibers

UpperTully

I'm a fan of both, but I've only fondled a tikka so I can't go beyond that. They do have a very smooth bolt. I'm not a fan of their weird recoil lug. I like bergara awfully well. If I had a complaint, I wish they offered more calibers
I'm a 700 fan so the Bergara suits my likings just fine. I had a Tikka for a season, I was really impressed with it on all accounts.

tntrkkllr

Under a grand? I know its a loaded question just trying to get some opinions. Thanks
Despite what any one says DO NOT BUY A 6.5 creedmore. It is a better target caliber it is not the best hunting caliber!!! Do research, get on YouTube look up backfire tv. He does a video of the best hunting rifles under 1000 bucks if you want some Good information! It's a 2 video series I believe! I would recommend a bergara b14 hunter. They are very accurate rifles at a damn good price. But do research and decide what fits you best go to the store and hold different rifles and compare them your self

tntrkkllr

Also take into factor what are you hunting woods field? Longest shot? 308, 30-06, 270 are great
Calibers that are good close to long range (500 yards ) if you shoot like that. A lot at ammunition available for those cartridges also. And have been around a LONG time.

knightrider

Despite what any one says DO NOT BUY A 6.5 creedmore. It is a better target caliber it is not the best hunting caliber!!! Do research, get on YouTube look up backfire tv. He does a video of the best hunting rifles under 1000 bucks if you want some Good information! It's a 2 video series I believe! I would recommend a bergara b14 hunter. They are very accurate rifles at a damn good price. But do research and decide what fits you best go to the store and hold different rifles and compare them your self
I know of about 50 east tn whitetail that would disagree on 6.5 creedmoor not being good, deer are not hard to kill! You poke a hole in their lungs they die!

tntrkkllr

I know of about 50 east tn whitetail that would disagree on 6.5 creedmoor not being good, deer are not hard to kill! You poke a hole in their lungs they die!
yeah there's a difference between a 6mm hole strait thru the lungs with NO expansion and the deer runs and hard to track compared to a good hunting caliber round expanding and the deer dropping OR not having to track hardly any. Deer are a lot tougher animal than everyone thinks

knightrider

yeah there's a difference between a 6mm hole strait thru the lungs with NO expansion and the deer runs and hard to track compared to a good hunting caliber round expanding and the deer dropping OR not having to track hardly any. Deer are a lot tougher animal than everyone thinks
If its not expanding your using the wrong bullet, 6.5 is no where near fast, has plenty of energy to kill anything in Tennessee with correct bullets. As far as tradional I've witnessed hundreds of deer killed with 222,22-250,223,243, 6mm rem which are all less than the 6.5, they been killing moose with 6.5 sweed for a hundred years but it wont kill a 150lb whitetail 😂 deer are not tough when shot correctly with the correct bullet! 100% of the time its the indian not the weapon!

tntrkkllr

If its not expanding your using the wrong bullet, 6.5 is no where near fast, has plenty of energy to kill anything in Tennessee with correct bullets. As far as tradional I've witnessed hundreds of deer killed with 222,22-250,223,243, 6mm rem which are all less than the 6.5, they been killing moose with 6.5 sweed for a hundred years but it wont kill a 150lb whitetail 😂 deer are not tough when shot correctly with the correct bullet! 100% of the time its the indian not the weapon!
There's a lot of bad Indians for dang sure 🤣 I have killed deer with a 223 and a 243 and have watched deer killed with 22-250 also. I guess it's just everyone's personal preference and every one has an opinion. Any ways get what makes you happy within your budget 👍🏻 I just picked up a new bergara a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it as much as my other deer rifles!

Latest posts