Best factory rifle

Jcalder

What are you looking for in this purchase. You want entry level or do you want something a bit nicer. I was a fan of savage 10/110/11/111 etc for years but I'm not so sure of this new stock configuration. Bergara puts out a nice rifle. The ruger American seems like a great entry level rifle. Tikka gets a ton of good reviews. Probably the smoothest bolt I ever worked was a tikka.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
A lot will be personal preference, but if I were buying a new one right now it would come down to:
Tikka T3X SS
Bergara B14
Browning X bolt

Pick them up and figure out which one fits you best. Work the bolt. Manipulate the safety. All 3 have reputations for great accuracy and reliability

Of course there are others as well

REN

A lot will be personal preference, but if I were buying a new one right now it would come down to:
Tikka T3X SS
Bergara B14
Browning X bolt

Pick them up and figure out which one fits you best. Work the bolt. Manipulate the safety. All 3 have reputations for great accuracy and reliability

Of course there are others as well

Exactly the 3 I would suggest

nso123

Ahh, Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge…..
If you go with a Savage you have good availability of aftermarket prefit barrels if you decide you want to go semi-custom later. Tikka is in the same boat, and is probably the slickest factory action available. Bergara is making nice rifles and you can get into some really nice features if you go slightly over budget.

knightrider

What are you looking for in this purchase. You want entry level or do you want something a bit nicer. I was a fan of savage 10/110/11/111 etc for years but I'm not so sure of this new stock configuration. Bergara puts out a nice rifle. The ruger American seems like a great entry level rifle. Tikka gets a ton of good reviews. Probably the smoothest bolt I ever worked was a tikka.
Normal under three hundred yards deer hunting, in either 308 or 6.5 as i have cases of those caliber shells. I have six 110's in different calibers so looking for something a little different just to play with and pass on down sooner than later😂

recurve60#

Winchester Model 70 Classic. Mauser action and a trigger that, imo cant be improved on, and controlled round feed.
Turn every rifle mentioned in the above posts, unless I missed a ruger, upside down, or on its side and cycle the bolt. Your cartridge will fall out of the rifle.
Mauser action is controlled round feed. All the rest are push feed.

Last edited:

mike243

For my $$ Savage. best accuracy vs cost. A 70 controlled feed is well over the $1000 imo, I have only jammed my 70 300wm pushed feed 1 time but think it was a short stroke due to shooting the 243 for so many years.

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
The Tikka T3 Lites are the best out of the box guns available in the United States for under qrand. If there is one better, I have not put my hands on it. I have a stable full of Tikkas and they have all been flawless performers and they have never given a bit of trouble. The 270 calibers I own are my favorites.

Tikka hands down.

Latest posts