Factory ammo exchange?

Cannonball1

I was wondering if forum members ever do a factory ammo exchange? I like to shoot several loads in my deer rifles to see which ones group the best and having 4-5 partial boxes left over is kind of expensive to just plink with. I was thinking a few people couple buy a couple different boxes each and then get together and swap a few rounds. You could then have 8 different loads to try if 4 people did the swap with two boxes a person and coordinated what they were buying with each other. I saw there was a swap for reloading components but I didn't see factory ammo mentioned in the first few posts and wasn't going to read all 18 pages to find out. Anyway, just an idea here.

Cannonball1

I should have mentioned my idea was more of a local meet up type deal. I know this would be difficult in more rural areas so I was thinking about the larger cities in Tennessee. Possibly at a local event like a gun show or maybe Bass Pro one weekend.

Tenntrapper

I should have mentioned my idea was more of a local meet up type deal. I know this would be difficult in more rural areas so I was thinking about the larger cities in Tennessee. Possibly at a local event like a gun show or maybe Bass Pro one weekend.
Assuming a bunch of people in that area are all shooting the same caliber...
If you shoot an oddball, I wouldn't expect much.

Cannonball1

Assuming a bunch of people in that area are all shooting the same caliber...
If you shoot an oddball, I wouldn't expect much.
I don't have a rifle at the moment that's not had several factory load's through it for testing. I was thinking about getting a Tikka in 7mm Rem mag, a swap would be helpful then since I don't have any ammo in that caliber.

Tenntrapper

I don't have a rifle at the moment that's not had several factory load's through it for testing. I was thinking about getting a Tikka in 7mm Rem mag, a swap would be helpful then since I don't have any ammo in that caliber.
Oh, I completely understand the concept...and it could be a good idea.
It would just need a bunch of right circumstances.

Example....10 people(in same area) buy the same caliber gun....then get together, and swap ammo.

Most people on here can't agree on what's a good deer cartridge ....let alone everyone buy the same thing.

pk117ac23

Oh, I completely understand the concept...and it could be a good idea.
It would just need a bunch of right circumstances.

Example....10 people(in same area) buy the same caliber gun....then get together, and swap ammo.

Most people on here can't agree on what's a good deer cartridge ....let alone everyone buy the same thing.
The answer to your question is .308 win

DaveB

Pretty soon, okay, late next year, I will have a place where we can sit and yak and relax and trade stuff.

Fayette County is not exactly centrally located---BUT---- maybe the River will be way way up or way way down or your family needs to see some Civil War battlefields.

06 is a pretty nice all around. So's .280. Come to think of it.....

Latest posts