7mm magnum factory ammo

DaveB

In Craig, Colorado, mid 1980's the 7mag ammo choice seemed to be heavy for caliber (over 165) Core-lokts.

Based on well Mr. Elk died when hit by one I would suggest trying that brand first.

sneakybow

Federal Terminal Ascent in 155gr is where the conversation starts and stops for 7mm. I've killed mule deer and elk with them out of my 280AI, none have taken more than a couple of steps.

DaveB

Federal Terminal Ascent in 155gr is where the conversation starts and stops for 7mm. I've killed mule deer and elk with them out of my 280AI, none have taken more than a couple of steps.
That is because the 280 and AI are far superior to the 7Mag. its the same .284 bullet at near the same velocity.
You can yell all you want.
The 7Mag recoil is the most punishing I have ever felt. I have 3 300 Mags and and have shot a 300 Weatherby Mag over 200 times. They don't compare recoil wise to a 7Mag.

Twinshooter

I have a winchester 7 mag since the late eighty and yes it does kick like a mule until I install mercury tube into the stock and now I shoot it with pure enjoyment. I only shoot the hornady ELD-X 162 grain bullets and will feel safe in knocking a deer down at 600 yards, my longest has been at 475 yards.

Soft Talker

Don't know if this is the right place for this post, but I have acquired a box of 7 mag rem corelocks I would be willing to trade even for a box 0f 30-06 corelocks.

Latest posts