Bedding a bergara.

Jcalder

Let's finish this thing. Took everything and went to picking. The plumbers putty does pretty good filling gaps and holes but is a bit time consuming cleaning out of all the crevices. Had spot or two where I had some bedding on the metal and took my fingernail and it flaked right off. Good job on the release agent. On the stock, I took a file and cleaned up the mag opening a bit. Wasn't bad, but I don't really want that touching the mag box. On the top edge, where the top of the stock is, I took the file and cut that off. If you rub your finger on it you can generally feel a sharp edge. I just wanted to smooth that out. I did end up with a small void, but nothing to worry about. I cleaned up the action screw holes as well. Overall, I'd give this a 90+.
0BE84FBF-D533-41F0-8A97-6A9A94CDC6E3.jpeg
9CE84820-7FC2-4DDC-A8B9-8046DD103D3C.jpeg

After everything was ready to go back into the stock I went to assemble. First huge road block! The trigger pins hit the stock. Note the small white marks on the stock.
image.jpg

Hopefully these notches work!
image.jpg

And here we are, finished project.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tenntrapper

How bout I bring you my Savage. You said they were different. Maybe you can do a tutorial on bedding a savage... 😂

See...and I didn't even mention my ex-wife...not directly.. 😂

Tenntrapper

Serious question...what made you decide to bed it? Yes, I know the advantages...but I usually won't mess with one unless it isn't shooting right. Was it stringing, etc?

Jcalder

Let us know if it improves accuracy or consistency at all? Any idea if it was a shooter before bedding?
Pretty sure it shot good before. We've not shot it. Found the gun in Michigan and got it shipped in. Buddy brought it by and told me while it's here, bed it. But I'll see if he got groups from the original owner.

Latest posts