Glass bedding

Creek bottoms

I have a 1950s model Sako 222 that I believe would benefit from a bedding job. First two shots touching and kicking the third out a half inch or so. Is there anyone within an hour of Nashville that could be recommended?

Many thanks

Snowwolfe

Before going to the trouble of glass bedding, have you checked the clearance around the barrel? If the stock is touching anywhere I would free float the barrel and then retighten the action screws to the correct torque.

Snowwolfe

A rifle that old could be suffering from the wood being crushed in the area surrounding the front and rear action screws. This is corrected by pillar bedding both areas.
The wood is crushed by time and pressure and then the action screws are tightened again and in a few more years the process is repeated. After 70 years or so it could use a little help
These crushed areas could also be allowing the recoil lug to be pulled down and bottoming out in the recess in the stock. S
Sounds like a first class glass bedding along with pillar bedding the area around the action screws might be warranted.

Jcalder

Tonight's lesson, pillars
IMG_8932.jpeg