Bama QB

TNlandowner

The scoop on Ty Simpson is that despite being a coach's kid, he really isn't very focused or "locked-in" on being a college QB. At least in his time at Alabama thus far he has been a bit of a f**k-off.
Almost like he doesn't want to be there.
sure hope this info isn't correct. My son was born in Martin in 2011. He watched Ty train one evening before his HS Senior season. So we've been pulling for Ty to have a lot of success @ Bama or elsewhere as he chooses.

RobbyW

sure hope this info isn't correct. My son was born in Martin in 2011. He watched Ty train one evening before his HS Senior season. So we've been pulling for Ty to have a lot of success @ Bama or elsewhere as he chooses.
Nick Saban has never been one to put up with that or at least not call him out. Everything he has said publicly is praise for Ty. I wouldn't put much into that rumor

BamaProud

According to some of alabama fans this year was the most "ever" going to NFL,

Not most ever. Bama has 18 players drafted in 2018 in 2019 they finished 11-2.

Alabama had 10 players drafted this year. They also had 10 players drafted in 2021, 2019, and 2017. Following those drafts, In 2022 they finished 11-2, in 2020 they finished 14-1 and in 2018 they finished 14-1. That includes 3 SEC west Titles, 2 SEC Championships and 1 National Championship. (I think this is accurate correct me if I'm wrong)

I think Alabama will be OK in 2023. They may not win it all, but as always, they will be in the "final 4" discussion at the end of the year.

deerfanatic

I'm sure he will have better coaching but couldn't make it at ND?

Will be interesting
Same offensive coordinator he had at ND is at bama now. Wasn't very good then….pretty sure they are not happy at all with the two they had in the spring game and this was a depth addition and they know he's passable but never going to be on the level they need to compete for championships. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the two spring game guys transfer

deerfanatic

Not most ever. Bama has 18 players drafted in 2018 in 2019 they finished 11-2.

Alabama had 10 players drafted this year. They also had 10 players drafted in 2021, 2019, and 2017. Following those drafts, In 2022 they finished 11-2, in 2020 they finished 14-1 and in 2018 they finished 14-1. That includes 3 SEC west Titles, 2 SEC Championships and 1 National Championship. (I think this is accurate correct me if I'm wrong)

I think Alabama will be OK in 2023. They may not win it all, but as always, they will be in the "final 4" discussion at the end of the year.
No position in football has more effect than qb. If your qb isn't good you are going to lose games because you won't be able to score or move the ball. Gone are the days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust. BY kept bama from losing at least 2 more games last year and kept them in the 2 they did lose. I'm not saying they are going to be bad or good. I will say taking this guy from ND has to be a little concerning. I think he's mostly for depth but I also think they are happy with how qb is looking so far

PalsPal

I'm not in the know but I think Tommy Rees wanted him at Bama. Whether he will be the starter or not I think it's the intent to raise the level of competition.

I doubt there's any chance he goes to Bama without thinking that he's the likely starter.

Rees obviously feels more comfortable with someone who knows his system. The real question is how will the rest of Bamas offensive players adapt to the new system. Big difference not having Young back there masking deficiencies.

I blame Josh Dobbs for TN keeping Butch 2 yrs too long. Well, kinda blame him.

cbhunter

Someone's math isn't adding up

Attachments

• IMG_7319.jpeg
    IMG_7319.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts