Bama QB

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Interesting that Bama didn't feel confident enough with either of its other two blue chip QBs who were waiting in the wings. Or maybe this was just a depth move? I dunno.

Can someone enrolling after spring practices get up to speed well enough to legitimately expect to win the starting job in the fall, and if so will they be comfortable enough with the offense (playbooks, chemistry, etc) to be "Bama good"? Only time will tell

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm sure he will have better coaching but couldn't make it at ND?

Will be interesting
It'll actually be the same coaching, kinda. He played for Rees (Bama's new OC) at ND. He was injured most of last year, so he was unseated due to being out. May be just following his old OC that he liked

wayne

The scoop on Ty Simpson is that despite being a coach's kid, he really isn't very focused or "locked-in" on being a college QB. At least in his time at Alabama thus far he has been a bit of a f**k-off.
Almost like he doesn't want to be there.

PillsburyDoughboy

I don't understand this at all.
Oh well, time will tell.
Just thinking out loud but following Nick Saban as much as I have over the years it seems he likes for kids to fight for their spots. Not be handed to them on a silver platter. I would not be surprised if this is not a move by him to make these two rookies want to fight hard for the #1 seat. Probably feels like they are not living up to their potential and this is his way of getting them there.

ALABAMA has some huge shoes to fill. Bryce Young being both a Heisman Winner AND the #1 draft pick is going to be a looming shadow in ALABAMA for awhile. Add to that you just came off of seasons where you had TUA, Jones, Hurts all AMAZING QB for ALABAMA. Maybe everyone is expecting too much????

Time will tell . You are right. But the GOAT knows.

chris1976

Just thinking out loud but following Nick Saban as much as I have over the years it seems he likes for kids to fight for their spots. Not be handed to them on a silver platter. I would not be surprised if this is not a move by him to make these two rookies want to fight hard for the #1 seat. Probably feels like they are not living up to their potential and this is his way of getting them there.

ALABAMA has some huge shoes to fill. Bryce Young being both a Heisman Winner AND the #1 draft pick is going to be a looming shadow in ALABAMA for awhile. Add to that you just came off of seasons where you had TUA, Jones, Hurts all AMAZING QB for ALABAMA. Maybe everyone is expecting too much????

Time will tell . You are right. But the GOAT knows.
The "goat" had the most talented roster in college football along with the #1 draft pick qb and still didn't win their division much less play for another natty. Everyone but the bammers can see the decline and it's glorious. See y'all in October

Bamamonts

I'm not in the know but I think Tommy Rees wanted him at Bama. Whether he will be the starter or not I think it's the intent to raise the level of competition. Either Milroe or Simpson has to improve or Buchner will start.
I read that Simpson hurt his thumb in the first quarter of the A Day game and that might account for some of his performance. I thought he still did pretty well and made some really good throws. He also can make plays with his legs. May the best QB win.

Bamamonts

The "goat" had the most talented roster in college football along with the #1 draft pick qb and still didn't win their division much less play for another natty. Everyone but the bammers can see the decline and it's glorious. See y'all in October
Looking forward to it. I'll be there. Roll Tide!

chris1976

We've heard that for years. Alabama has had some down years before, even under Saban. I wouldn't bet against Alabama wining less than 10 games anytime soon.
The Vols decline started in 1999. There were several top 5 classes and 10 win seasons over the next 9-10 years but it was all for naught. Once it's set into motion there is no turning around. Enjoy the ride 😁

Latest posts