Andy Kelly QB

cbhunter

Is this a trick question? 😂

He did set some records that were later broken but he threw more interceptions than tds.

I was pretty young at the time so I don't remember watching him much…but do remember him

THEdonkey0515

Top 8, I think these guys are concerned some of the best going back 50+ years. (In no particular order)

Payton, Tee, Hooker, Shuler, Dobbs, Kelly, casey Clausen, Holloway.

All these guys started mutiple years at UT, 7 made all conference, 5 got drafted to the NFL.

Tee went 13-0 won a natty, we all know what Payton did, Dobbs carried a piss poor team for years he now has started for mutiple teams on Sundays. Hooker was ALL -SEC and offensive player of the year now plays for the Detroit Lions. Shuler was SEC player of the year & a top 3 draft pick. Clausen played 4 years at UT had a of record 34-10 was was a SEC all freshman won the east in 2001. Kelly set mutiple Tennessee & SEC passing records lead the famous Miracle at South Bend comeback and a Area football hall of Famer

Last edited:

volboy

Probably close to top 10. In addition to the ones mentioned, Tony Robinson and Alan Cockrell would be up there around the same, imo.
Andy's 1st year was my last year in school there.

Iglow

No trick, he was the cats meow, he was one of Johnny's boys. It seems he was the smartest guy on the field in every game, not the most athletic and had brickoblocks for feet but he could throw a deep ball to perfection. Some had better stats or were flashier but he's in my top 3 behind Manning and Hooker.

LY

He's my claim to fame, as a junior and part time strong safety, I got a sack on him in '87 when he was a senior at Rhea co.

buckaroo

IMG_0015.png

Latest posts