arrow recommendations

BigRod

ok ya'll have been pretty good at helping out when it comes to the best gear, and advice! so here's my last question before season starts is ... what cross bow arrows/bolts do you guys recommend for the best price? And are there any specifications when shooting arrows out of a cross bow?

RockMcL

I made mistakes when I started with crossbow, actually when I switched to illuminated nocs. I had bought great "bolts" dead nuts accurate and matched to my crossbow but the internal diameter was odd so I was limited to lighted nocs I did not like. I ended up figuring it out on the second go around.

I don't know the website above but trust a good recommend from knightrider... Suggest you discuss the whole deal, noc to tip with them. Do you trust mechanical broadheads or want fixed, what kind of lighted nocs do you prefer. If you unsure about broadheads, discuss with the folks that "will flat hook you up". If you are an experimenter by nature let them know you are and want "standard" diameters etc so you can play.

Enjoy

Rakkin6

Contact Jerry at South Shore Archery. Tell him what your setup is, broadhead and what you would like to shoot has far has distance etc. He will square you away, probably with some Spynal Tapps or Black Eagle Executioners. He is a good guy and will get your arrows spine indexed and shipping is pretty quick.

TboneD

This will be my first year with one but I'm happy with how my Magnus head is hitting very close to field tips. For my Excalibur Micro Mag 340 I went with Black Eagle Executioners built by Wyvern Creations as well. He puts a heavier bass insert up front and puts a lot of helical in 2" Blazers, which I'd think you'd want if using fixed heads. Total arrow weight of these little 16.5" arrows with 125g head and flat Lumenok is about 435 to give me about 309 FPS.

RockMcL

I hear Barnetts are terrible BUT I have a "Barnett Wildcat C6" and my only problem is up through 35 yards I can't shoot multiple arrows simultaneously at same bull or shave fletchings/split-blown up arrows. I don't shoot past 35 but at 35 shoot same bull using two different mfg arrows, different fetches, one target tip, one rage dummy tip. Still only can shoot the mismatched pair. Usually within an inch.

Last year I switched to bolt/arrows directly from Lumenok just cause easy order & I like the lumenok. 20 inch bolts. Will try look up full specs but any good supplier should get you on track with 20" and around 320 fps. I do remember they were reasonably priced.

I got mine Cabelas, so they put together... The screws/bolts on handle & center bolt that fastens the bow to rail worked loose after a couple seasons. Also had to tighten/torgue scope mount initially.

It only failed once and that was my fault and fortunately a clean miss.

RockMcL

I got the C6 from Cabellas not the bolts. Suggest be careful big box store with bolts/arrows because they tend to buy one off specs.

Latest posts