Shooting House Recommendations

Omega

I definitely vote for the sportsman condos. I just built a shooting house and put a sportsman condo sc3 up. The shooting house that I built was considerably more expensive than the sportsman condo. I put my sc3 on 12ft legs. I have palns to have 2 more shooting house on our propert and they will both be sportsman condos unless lumber prices come way down.View attachment 135018View attachment 135019
How much did you spend on the DIY? I am in the process of putting one up, planning stage, and thought the DIY would be cheaper.

Kyboy

How much did you spend on the DIY? I am in the process of putting one up, planning stage, and thought the DIY would be cheaper.
1650550534168.png

Here is the last one we built, it was roughly 1500 bucks, we used treated everything. If a man did not use treated 2x4s on the inside and only used treated 6x6 posts i'd say you might be able to built one for 1500.

Omega

View attachment 135023
Here is the last one we built, it was roughly 1500 bucks, we used treated everything. If a man did not use treated 2x4s on the inside and only used treated 6x6 posts i'd say you might be able to built one for 1500.
$1500? Is that in current lumber prices? It's starting to look like a commercial one may be just as cost effective.

BSK

$1500? Is that in current lumber prices? It's starting to look like a commercial one may be just as cost effective.
Last summer, I measured and priced every piece required to recreate this 6'x6' shooting house on 10-foot legs, and minus the sheetmetal soffits and fascia, it came out to around $1,800.

Attachments

• The Palace1.jpg
    The Palace1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 58

utvolsfan77

Last summer, I measured and priced every piece required to recreate this 6'x6' shooting house on 10-foot legs, and minus the sheetmetal soffits and fascia, it came out to around $1,800.
That looks extremely well built though and should last for many years. Lots of folks here in upper East Tennessee always try to build a shooting house for $200 or less, then complain because they have to rebuild it every year.

BSK

That looks extremely well built though and should last for many years. Lots of folks here in upper East Tennessee always try to build a shooting house for $200 or less, then complain because they have to rebuild it every year.
It is extremely well built. In fact, it is a "commercial" product (it was built by a guy who builds and erects shooting houses for a living). I think my brother-in-law paid about $1,700 for it originally three years ago, and was told to recreate it now, with today's lumber prices, would be in the $3,500 range.

Omega

Not that long ago it could have been done for that much, and last a long time. My first one probably came in at under $200, went a full 5 years before I knocked it over trying to replace the legs. My second one I guesstimate went around $400-$500, and so far has lasted over 5 years. Now, with the price of lumber, it would be twice as much, easily. The first one I used some lumber from a porch that had been replaced, so the base was free, The walls were the cheaper OSB but painted with premium outdoor paint, the paint was about $9 a gallon though, because it was mistinted. The second one used some of the 2x4s from the older one but most everything else was new.

1st one.
R9Zz3Oh.jpg

2nd one.
J3lQeDE.jpg

muddyboots

I love my rednecks. Had em for 2 years. 10 foot tower and blind was 3600 each. No leaks. One plus over the sportsman condo is the red neck is insulated this quieter. I can't speak on the banks. I've never been in one of those. But if I was rich I would put red necks all over my hunting lease.

TRIGGER

I'm in need of a box blind for my new property. I put up a redneck at the house last year and have no reason not to buy another. I'm afraid if I try to save money on this one I will regret it.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I bought 2 sportsman condos off of gatodoc and couldn't be happier. They'll last my lifetime and the ease of them being already assembled and just putting the legs on is what helped me make the decision.

Latest posts