Shooting House Recommendations

String Music

I'm looking into a couple permanent hunting blinds for my property in Illinois. I need to be able to shoot a bow, crossbow and firearm out of them. I've narrowed it down to Banks, Redneck and Sportsmans Condo. This is an investment property so I'm willing to pay for a quality blind that will last for years. Any experience with the ones mentioned or have any other recommendations?

BSK

how tough was it to get them set up and leveled? did you use ATV winch or what method?
This isn't a Redneck, but a Sportmans Condo on 10-foot legs. You wouldn't need this many people, but it was our first attempt and we wanted to be sure we did it right. Once we had done it once, we could put one up (on 10' legs) in 30 minutes.

Attachments

• Towers3.mp4
    74.4 MB

BSK

I have Rednecks and love them. Mine are on 10' towers and no way near $5,000. $3,500-$4000 around here. IMO you won't find another one as air tight.
I see the 6'x6' with bow windows and 10' stand listed at $4,100. But that's retail from Redneck. I'm sure a local dealer could beat that.

And you're right. They're extremely airtight.

I just liked the fact I could get 4 Sportmans Condos (4'x6') with lumber for legs, plus t-posts and u-bolts for anchoring for $5,000 total.

Tn Joe

I've owned 2 redneck buck palaces for 5 or 6 years and have been well pleased. One of them is in a spot that I could never hunt before without getting winded due to swirling winds and deer coming from every direction. Now I never get busted as long as I keep the windows down.

They've also had great customer service the couple times I've needed it.

String Music

I see the 6'x6' with bow windows and 10' stand listed at $4,100. But that's retail from Redneck. I'm sure a local dealer could beat that.

And you're right. They're extremely airtight.

I just liked the fact I could get 4 Sportmans Condos (4'x6') with lumber for legs, plus t-posts and u-bolts for anchoring for $5,000 total.
You can't beat that price. If I was rifle hunting in these spots I would likely go this route.

Chickenrig

I've had a couple quotes arounnd $3600 with the 10' tower as well.
String
I agree with you . Around $3600 w/10' tower but out the door is just at 4k ,at least here in Alabama with our tax rate. I have 2of the Redneck 5x6' w/the bow windows and they are the cats azz . I built the extension porches myself to meet my needs . Something you will pass on to your kids . Nothing but quality !!!!
yolo!!

Chickenrig

This is my newest one . You can see that i made the stairs come off the side . Never get busted again

Attachments

• 847EEE29-42F6-4A37-822B-9DBB71E46750.jpeg
    847EEE29-42F6-4A37-822B-9DBB71E46750.jpeg
    597.3 KB · Views: 105

Kyboy

We have been building our own for last few years, not sure what it would cost but pre-covid we could build a 7x6 10 foot high for around 1500. They are sturdy and should last longer. But with lumber prices now I am not sure how much of a cheaper option that would be. One down side is, there is no moving them once you build them.

BSK

We have been building our own for last few years, not sure what it would cost but pre-covid we could build a 7x6 10 foot high for around 1500. They are sturdy and should last longer. But with lumber prices now I am not sure how much of a cheaper option that would be. One down side is, there is no moving them once you build them.
We went with the Sportmans Condos because we priced the lumber for 6'x6' shooting houses, and the Sportmans Condos were cheaper.

I've got a couple of these and I love them. I have and have had sportsman's condos, shadow hunters, rednecks...you name it. They all serve the purpose but do it at different levels with different price points. The bull creek stands are my favorite at the higher end of the pricing.

RxHunter

I'm looking into a couple permanent hunting blinds for my property in Illinois. I need to be able to shoot a bow, crossbow and firearm out of them. I've narrowed it down to Banks, Redneck and Sportsmans Condo. This is an investment property so I'm willing to pay for a quality blind that will last for years. Any experience with the ones mentioned or have any other recommendations?
I am a huge fan of the sportsmans condo SC-4. It is the bigger blind with the upgraded/sealed windows. I think it is the best deal out there. I have a 8 year old redneck that is starting to age pretty bad. It is nice but am not sure it will last as long as the condo.

cecil30-30

I definitely vote for the sportsman condos. I just built a shooting house and put a sportsman condo sc3 up. The shooting house that I built was considerably more expensive than the sportsman condo. I put my sc3 on 12ft legs. I have palns to have 2 more shooting house on our propert and they will both be sportsman condos unless lumber prices come way down.
20220306_160624.jpg
20220304_173509.jpg

Latest posts