Recommendations on packable down vest

DMD

I'm a cheap skate, but I'm looking for something warmer than I have. Just been wearing a fleece vest under my hunting jacket, but i got a little chilly this season. I normally wear a light shirt, vest and jacket on the stand. I usually wear the vest on my walk in. But,, i don't want anything bulky under my jacket, that's why I'm thinking packable. I'm open to suggestions. Any recommendations??

Stumpsitter

32 degree heat. They have packable vests and light jackets. I wear their lightweight base layers a lot. I bought the vests for my daughter and she loves them. Pretty decent products for the price. Go to their website they have sales several times a year and free shipping after 32 dollar order.

Gravey

32 degree heat. They have packable vests and light jackets. I wear their lightweight base layers a lot. I bought the vests for my daughter and she loves them. Pretty decent products for the price. Go to their website they have sales several times a year and free shipping after 32 dollar order.
I was gonna say check out 32 degrees. I received an email from them yesterday and there were a couple of vests for less than $20. I don't have one but a couple of other things from them and have been pleased.

hillbillyfab

I've got a couple of those 32 degree vests. While they are warm, they're too loud for my liking. If I'm trying to slip through the woods or brush, it is really loud with its synthetic exterior. Once in a tree or blind it's a nice addition. I usually keep one packed in the a bag or backpack.

I've got a couple of those 32 degree vests. While they are warm, they're too loud for my liking. If I'm trying to slip through the woods or brush, it is really loud with its synthetic exterior. Once in a tree or blind it's a nice addition. I usually keep one packed in the a bag or backpack.
They using them as a layer under a coat

DMD

hammer33

Make sure your undershirt is synthetic/poly. Once I quit wearing any cotton, hunting became much more comfortable.
Wicking layer (one of those lightweight fishing shirts) Then fleece, then outer jacket when I get to the stand. If its really cold I skip the outer jacket and put on coveralls when I get to the stand.

ruger7mag

2-Step Enabled
I'm actually looking at that vest. Unless I see something more interesting, I'm going to order that i think. Do you have that vest? Thanks.
I don't have the vest, but I have that model's down jacket. I caught it deeply discounted a few years ago and I'm happy for the price.

DMD

Welp...i stepped outside of my cheapness and purchased a vest. I bought the Cabela's Wooltimate vest. Got a $20 coupon code and free shipping, so i got it for $69.99 plus tax. I think this will do exactly what I need and last me the rest of my life. I'm having guilt complex though, i don't think I've ever spent so much on a piece of deer hunting clothes in 40 years of hunting 😂😂

1000019604.png

TN Larry

Welp...i stepped outside of my cheapness and purchased a vest. I bought the Cabela's Wooltimate vest. Got a $20 coupon code and free shipping, so i got it for $69.99 plus tax. I think this will do exactly what I need and last me the rest of my life. I'm having guilt complex though, i don't think I've ever spent so much on a piece of deer hunting clothes in 40 years of hunting 😂😂

View attachment 208007
I have one of these, and they are really nice and warm.

Lone Hunter

I wear a vest but didn't buy it in camo so I can wear it anytime it's cold. I have several colors of goose down vest. I'm a cheapskate. I wear goose down underwear purchased several years ago and a wool sweater with fleece lined jeans and an IWOM Suit when it gets cold. I will not spend any more days freezing my butt off. It's heavy to pack in (all my clothes and food) but I am comfortable. I believe you will like that vest. I wear a long sleeve shirt and change into my under armor and hunting clothes when I get to my stand. I sweat terribly and have to dry off with a towel before I change.

Latest posts