Anyone get anything cool for this year?

Gravey

I guess I'm in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' camp.

I almost pulled the trigger on another 20g, but I don't really need it. I'm not sure I could find another shotgun I love more than my 870 compact youth 20g.

I'm not that big into calls, haven't bought one in years.

I DID buy a new pair of pants last year... they were from the Mossy Oak store, their Tibbie pants. THAT was a great purchase. They weigh nothing and pattern doesn't fade with washing. Super light and breathe. Awesome for the 80 deg days. I'll probably buy another pair, as they seem to be holding up well.
I almost bought another 20ga as well but didn't. I did buy 2 pairs of the mossy oak tibbee pants too and although I haven't been out in them yet I love how thin they are for those warm days. Even ventilated on the inside of the legs and crotch area. Pretty sure they're the tibbees. Also picked up a new slate call but otherwise nothing new. Wait I did buy a pair of turtleskin snake gaiters.

spoon

Hate wearing snake boots, so I purchased Dan's snake gaiters. Got some new calls on order. Don't need/want anything else

Jbird22

Calls - Hooks Hoot'n Stick (best owl hooter there is IMO) and a few new tubes from Possum Fork Turkey Calls(Tom Osmer)

Vest - Alps Outdoorz Impact Pro (my 1st vest w/stadium seat and I like it so far)

Jbird22

I guess I'm in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' camp.

I almost pulled the trigger on another 20g, but I don't really need it. I'm not sure I could find another shotgun I love more than my 870 compact youth 20g.

I'm not that big into calls, haven't bought one in years.

I DID buy a new pair of pants last year... they were from the Mossy Oak store, their Tibbie pants. THAT was a great purchase. They weigh nothing and pattern doesn't fade with washing. Super light and breathe. Awesome for the 80 deg days. I'll probably buy another pair, as they seem to be holding up well.
How's the fit on those Tibbee pants? I see they say the waist for M is 32-34 and L is 36-38. I usually wear a 34 and assuming their size is true, I'd go with M.

megalomaniac

How's the fit on those Tibbee pants? I see they say the waist for M is 32-34 and L is 36-38. I usually wear a 34 and assuming their size is true, I'd go with M.
I wear a 33. The mediums fit just fine as they have a lot of elastic in the waistband.

Don't need a belt if pockets are empty. But I usually throw a belt on since sometimes I'm running with a pot call and striker in the side pockets when I leave my vest.

I'd say a 34 will be right on the borderline... a little snug in the waist but would prob work.

agelessssone

I must be getting close to transing cause I ain't NEVER had the urge to go turkey hunting.....cept for the time a flock paced me twenty yards away when I was still hunting deer in Indiana.
They just stayed right beside me for about 100 yds, dumb birds.

Last edited:

Jbird22

Well crap…y'all talked me into trying a pair of the Mossy Oak Tibbies pants. Just placed an order. So there's my new toy for the year. 😂

Dang bunch of enablers is what y'all are! 🤣
Lol, same here..just ordered a pair in OG BL and GL

rbreedi1

I picked up a Mossberg SA20 Tactical Turkey.. sweet gun. Topped it with a Burris FF3. Picked up a couple pot calls as well.

Latest posts