Anyone get anything cool for this year?

megalomaniac

You made me nervous so I went and tried on the pair I got today. In Levi's, I normally wear a 34x32…up 2" from the 32x32 I wore in high school 😢 😂

I like the fit of the large better than I would like the elastic stretching in a medium. I'm well pleased! Fit and felt great! I wish they had drawstrings at the cuffs, as I like to tie my hunting pants up to keep them out of mud and help deter ticks…but that's not a deal breaker.

After I see how I like them in the woods, I may buy another pair or two. When I find something I like, I like to have at least 2 of them. Nothing lasts forever and they discontinue stuff every season or two.
Just a heads up... the store will usually run a sale once or twice a year and have the pants on sale for $30 or so. When they do, I'm getting another pair as well

Shag

Just a heads up... the store will usually run a sale once or twice a year and have the pants on sale for $30 or so. When they do, I'm getting another pair as well
Thanks for the heads up! Let us know when, if you're keeping a close eye and we overlook it.

I'm thinking I'd gladly buy 3 or 4 pairs at that price tag.

Shag

Well I wasnt PLANNING on buying anything but my 1187 20GA BROKE as soon as I tried to load it in AL a few days ago. I managed to kill a turkey with the one round I got in it but it was locked up tighter than a spinsters purse strings after that. We ended up beating it apart with a hatchet and a cleaning rod, but that left me to hunt with a borrowed gun the rest of the trip. It was a Retay Masai Masa. Guess what I ordered today? LOL If shag doesnt want this POS 1187 I will part it out or use it for a tomato stake in the garden.
Life is too short to keep putting things off. Ive been meaning to get in the 20ga game for 3 years now so instead of waiting til next year, I bit the bullet and bought a new gun.
Don't part it out! And I'll give you some rebar for a mater stick! 😂

As many of them as I have, as prone as they are to failure, and as hard as parts are to find, I'm sure I can/will use every useable piece on it at some point!

Tweeter

They are. I'm wearing lacrosse rubber snake boots the last couple years. I hunt a couple bottoms that I feel like I would rather face heat exhaustion than not be protected from cottonmouths.
Man I hate snakes!! I stepped on a big ol black snake few years ago and bout had a heart attack!

Flintlocksforme

I was going to buy some new shotgun shells but I found a partial box from 1980 with a price sticker for $8.49 from Uncle Lee's in Paris,TN. Remington Express Magnum 12 gauge 3 inch magnum 6 shot. Back when these were bought 2 shot was still legal for turkey hunting. Probably started using Winchester X copper plated 4 shot about then and never used Remingtons again. Probably going to use my flintlock anyway.

Last edited:

Creek bottoms

I was going to buy some new shotgun shells but I found a partial box from 1980 with a price sticker for $8.49 from Uncle Lee's in Paris,TN. Remington Express Magnum 12 gauge 3 inch magnum 6 shot. Back when these were bought 2 shot was still legal for turkey hunting. Probably started using Winchester X copper plated 4 shot about then and never used Remingtons again. Probably going to use my flintlock anyway.
I picked up a flintlock fowler with a Colerain turkey barrel. I patterned it yesterday at 35 yards with 5s and was not disappointed. I hope to get one with it this season.

Cody91

I don't know a ton about them minus the one I have. From an over under perspective they have a good reputation for a reliable low cost alternative. Even this one I've inspected in detail a lot of the internal parts and overall it is a solid built gun.

Worth over a mossberg is up to the user really and what mossberg you are comparing it to. I personally am not a mossberg fan in general so I may not be the best to ask there hahah. In all fairness mossbergs upper end guns are pretty good but those are in a different category vs this AT

I don't know a ton about them minus the one I have. From an over under perspective they have a good reputation for a reliable low cost alternative. Even this one I've inspected in detail a lot of the internal parts and overall it is a solid built gun.

Worth over a mossberg is up to the user really and what mossberg you are comparing it to. I personally am not a mossberg fan in general so I may not be the best to ask there hahah. In all fairness mossbergs upper end guns are pretty good but those are in a different category vs this ATI
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the feedback. I think I've been overthinking it & I've since made my decision. I also realized in this scenario I may have been comparing apples to oranges. 😅

Flintlocksforme

I picked up a flintlock fowler with a Colerain turkey barrel. I patterned it yesterday at 35 yards with 5s and was not disappointed. I hope to get one with it this season.
Honestly it's my favorite way to kill a turkey. Sometimes it doesn't work out and you have to pass up a shot you could have easily made with a shotgun. But it's worth it to see one flopping as the smoke clears.

Gravey

You made me nervous so I went and tried on the pair I got today. In Levi's, I normally wear a 34x32…up 2" from the 32x32 I wore in high school 😢 😂

I like the fit of the large better than I would like the elastic stretching in a medium. I'm well pleased! Fit and felt great! I wish they had drawstrings at the cuffs, as I like to tie my hunting pants up to keep them out of mud and help deter ticks…but that's not a deal breaker.

After I see how I like them in the woods, I may buy another pair or two. When I find something I like, I like to have at least 2 of them. Nothing lasts forever and they discontinue stuff every season or two.
I wear 34x32 as well and love the fit of the large. Bought 2 of them. I don't recall my high school size as that was 30+ years ago. 😳😂

tnanh

I wear a 34 and sent them an email about medium or large and they suggested large. Good call as I think the medium would've been tight on me.
I am a very chunky boy and the stuff feom the Mossyoak store seems to run small. Also, short crotched which I am not😄. I always order a size bigger from them.

Gravey

I still have a few pair of shorts I had in HS and college. Still fit me like a glove :)
Go Away Middle Finger GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)