Anyone get anything cool for this year?

C1295

I "bought" 3 new shotguns recently, actually paid for 1/2 of one of themā€¦.thank you @Chippy and @knightrider for the layaway program šŸ˜‚. With my turkey hunting skills, I'm planning on swinging these like bats and see I if can finally kill one this year. I'm going with a corn camo pattern this year.
Could just get a corn cob costume.
Whats Up Flirt GIF by I Canā€™t Believe Itā€™s Not Butter

Bgoodman30

T & K bino harness- huge improvement from the elastic cabelas harness I have been running for years.

T & K leg gaiters- can't believe I have never tried these always wore snake boots. Made in America. Great quality, ripping through brush, no dew soak and crossing creeks with ease.

Cody91

ATI 20 gauge Turkey. Got it from a member on here and its super fun. Since my son got into trap shooting a few years back I have just fallen in love with Over Unders, and I needed a backup 20 gauge that he can use from time to time. Super light and super short being an O/U. Its no browning Citori by any stretch but its a fun little gun to mess with.
I'm looking for my first turkey gun, saw an ATI 12ga I really liked, but I don't know much about ATI. Would you recommend an ATI over a Mossberg? It came with optic mount and ghost ring, pistol grip & thumbhole. I'm stuck between that and a maverick 88. I understand that the gun isn't going to be the determining factor in me bringing home a bird, but I saw this post and thought I may as well ask. Thanks a lot & I hope you have a great season.

TNhunter

I bought 2 11-87 20 gauge shotguns last year. Was wanting something for my daughter to use. First one I bought ended up being tore up, wouldn't feed after the first shot. So I ended up buying another the following weekendā€¦.another HUGE thanks to @bowhunterfanatic ! She loves that little gun and the red dot. And I love the pattern it throws!

I just happened to remember the non working one yesterday. I bought a bunch of parts to try to fix it last year. Just haven't gotten around to it. That needs to be on my to do list. I'd like to set it up like the other one and carry it myself this spring.
Bought a used 11/87 several years back and first outing shooting it a similar thing happened. It wouldn't reset the trigger for multiple shots. It wound up being a burr in the feeding mechanism. Smoothed it down and it would then allow the trigger to reset properly.

woodsman04

I got the Sitka equinox pants and shirt. Supposed to keep ticks off. Of course I ain't used it yet but it feels nice..
I'm not a Sitka guy because of price. But I hate ticks. Normally treat my own clothes but I want to try this out.

REN

I'm looking for my first turkey gun, saw an ATI 12ga I really liked, but I don't know much about ATI. Would you recommend an ATI over a Mossberg? It came with optic mount and ghost ring, pistol grip & thumbhole. I'm stuck between that and a maverick 88. I understand that the gun isn't going to be the determining factor in me bringing home a bird, but I saw this post and thought I may as well ask. Thanks a lot & I hope you have a great season.

I don't know a ton about them minus the one I have. From an over under perspective they have a good reputation for a reliable low cost alternative. Even this one I've inspected in detail a lot of the internal parts and overall it is a solid built gun.

Worth over a mossberg is up to the user really and what mossberg you are comparing it to. I personally am not a mossberg fan in general so I may not be the best to ask there hahah. In all fairness mossbergs upper end guns are pretty good but those are in a different category vs this ATI

Huntaholic

Well I wasnt PLANNING on buying anything but my 1187 20GA BROKE as soon as I tried to load it in AL a few days ago. I managed to kill a turkey with the one round I got in it but it was locked up tighter than a spinsters purse strings after that. We ended up beating it apart with a hatchet and a cleaning rod, but that left me to hunt with a borrowed gun the rest of the trip. It was a Retay Masai Masa. Guess what I ordered today? LOL If shag doesnt want this POS 1187 I will part it out or use it for a tomato stake in the garden.
Life is too short to keep putting things off. Ive been meaning to get in the 20ga game for 3 years now so instead of waiting til next year, I bit the bullet and bought a new gun.

megalomaniac

Got my Tibbee pants in the mail today. Haven't tried them on yet but I think I'm really gonna like them! Went with the old school green leaf pattern.
If they fit, you will LOVE them. All I've worn so far this season... 21/ 25 days since Mar 15th I've been in them. They are holding up nicely, been washed 4x so far this year. Also used them most days last year except for a couple really cold mornings in TN. I prefer the new bottomland pattern for south MS personally. The crotch vents are especially nice.

Shag

If they fit, you will LOVE them. All I've worn so far this season... 21/ 25 days since Mar 15th I've been in them. They are holding up nicely, been washed 4x so far this year. Also used them most days last year except for a couple really cold mornings in TN. I prefer the new bottomland pattern for south MS personally. The crotch vents are especially nice.
It was so cold here this weekend on the juvenile hunt, I wore fleece camo pants! šŸ˜‚

Supposed to warm up this weekend for the regular season opener. I'll put them to the test then.

Jbird22

Hopefully the M's will fit, but if they don't, I'm sure my son will enjoy them. I wear a M in all of their older Cotton Mill and Tibbee offerings. Time will tell...
Update...The M Tibbee pants do fit a 34 waist as their chart indicates. As mega said earlier, good bit of elastic in the waist band.

Shag

Update...The M Tibbee pants do fit a 34 waist as their chart indicates. As mega said earlier, good bit of elastic in the waist band.
You made me nervous so I went and tried on the pair I got today. In Levi's, I normally wear a 34x32ā€¦up 2" from the 32x32 I wore in high school šŸ˜¢ šŸ˜‚

I like the fit of the large better than I would like the elastic stretching in a medium. I'm well pleased! Fit and felt great! I wish they had drawstrings at the cuffs, as I like to tie my hunting pants up to keep them out of mud and help deter ticksā€¦but that's not a deal breaker.

After I see how I like them in the woods, I may buy another pair or two. When I find something I like, I like to have at least 2 of them. Nothing lasts forever and they discontinue stuff every season or two.

chrmayo

Got the Sitka guard set, schnee boots,and imma order a pair of gaiters
I got the guard set last year I guess. I run hot and the bug gaiter tucked into my socks set me on fire. I cut them out a couple days ago and I think it's going to make a big difference for me. Kinda defeats the bug proof part but comfort is what I'm after.

Tweeter

I got the guard set last year I guess. I run hot and the bug gaiter tucked into my socks set me on fire. I cut them out a couple days ago and I think it's going to make a big difference for me. Kinda defeats the bug proof part but comfort is what I'm after.
I could see them being hot! Hopefully I can get through it!

Latest posts