Anyone get anything cool for this year?

REN

just seeing if folks got anything cool to use or try out this spring. First time in a LONG while I didnt really get any calls or anything new for spring season. Gotten to the point with my clothes and calls I dont really need or want much. I did get a cool Under Over to use as a back up gun but thats about it. Well I did get some Sitka Equinox Guard shirt and gloves to see if it actually helps with bugs.

1712160908659.png

REN

What kind is it REN?
ATI 20 gauge Turkey. Got it from a member on here and its super fun. Since my son got into trap shooting a few years back I have just fallen in love with Over Unders, and I needed a backup 20 gauge that he can use from time to time. Super light and super short being an O/U. Its no browning Citori by any stretch but its a fun little gun to mess with.

Shag

Nothing new for me this year. Same old camo, same old calls, same old 30+ year old Mossy Oak vest.

I did buy my daughter a turkey vest a couple weekends ago. She will really appreciate the seat. I'm really surprised at how fired up she is about turkeys! Reminds me of me when I was a teenager. Last year was the first year she showed any interest in turkey chasing. And it's the only hunting she's been looking forward to since it closed last year.

megalomaniac

I guess I'm in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' camp.

I almost pulled the trigger on another 20g, but I don't really need it. I'm not sure I could find another shotgun I love more than my 870 compact youth 20g.

I'm not that big into calls, haven't bought one in years.

I DID buy a new pair of pants last year... they were from the Mossy Oak store, their Tibbie pants. THAT was a great purchase. They weigh nothing and pattern doesn't fade with washing. Super light and breathe. Awesome for the 80 deg days. I'll probably buy another pair, as they seem to be holding up well.

Rakkin6

I did buy a new Stoeger 3020, but it more than likely won't get out until next year. My upstairs HVAC unit (I have an upstairs and downstairs unit) just crapped on me. So I have to replace it. Since it's the upstairs unit it's a little more work and pricier. So since I already have three turkey guns (835,535, Stevens 301 20 gauge) I figure I am good to go. And can hold off on the new Burris FF3 and Indian Creek chokes.

Shag

I bought 2 11-87 20 gauge shotguns last year. Was wanting something for my daughter to use. First one I bought ended up being tore up, wouldn't feed after the first shot. So I ended up buying another the following weekend….another HUGE thanks to @bowhunterfanatic ! She loves that little gun and the red dot. And I love the pattern it throws!

I just happened to remember the non working one yesterday. I bought a bunch of parts to try to fix it last year. Just haven't gotten around to it. That needs to be on my to do list. I'd like to set it up like the other one and carry it myself this spring.

Latest posts