This year like last year?

Harold Money jr

There was less gobbling last year than anytime I can remember at my places. I had a lot of gobblers just very very little gobbling and the ones that did gobble a couple times wouldn't work or respond at all for me. It was weird and not too much fun. For those that had similar results do you think it was a fluke type of thing? I have a friend who says they gobble better after good acorn years so that may be a possibility because we had very few.

Bell3wv

I have experienced this when there was pressure by coyotes. I observed this in GA and then again in Northeast Tennessee when I leased some property with an operating cattle farm on one side and a sheep farm on the other end. Plenty of birds but they learned to be quiet.

ROVERBOY

Could be coyotes. The last 2 seasons have been the worst in a long time for me. Not even came close to calling one in.

Wooden Arrow

less gobbling in Hawkins County this past spring than i've ever experienced. got one bird to gobble 3 times after fly-down; someone slipped between us and shot him. bird numbers observed (my eyes only) look to be down. game wardens here saying same thing. WMAs where i hunt in 'bama has changed their regs RE season dates, birds allowed, etc. :confused:

Latest posts