Anybody heard about a possible typical state record?

DRSJ35

Wasn't the Van Buren buck killed in Michigan.I think Roverboy is talking about a typical state record from Tennessee.Not a world record.I don't know I also might be totally wrong. we will see in the future.

recurve60#

DRSJ35":oajijf5r said:
Wasn't the Van Buren buck killed in Michigan.I think Roverboy is talking about a typical state record from Tennessee.Not a world record.I don't know I also might be totally wrong. we will see in the future.
Van Buren Tn. It's legit. Tndeer just doesn't get the traffic it use to get. Just because it's not all over this forum you can't recount it.

Tennessee Lead

51f9d1d2a3b53bffe56556b4b21c2923.jpg

5a9ada49d77ba8a5cd781faeec58fdf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

Yep that's the Eldridge bucks. I get these pics but I won't post them because I just wouldn't do that without permission. I suspect other people are that way also and that's why we dont see a lot of these on here sooner.

ROVERBOY

DRSJ35":yxirdf8t said:
Yeah, I was talking about a typical state record. I don't see Tennessee producing a World record any time soon.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
TennSportsman":1pkr9ky9 said:
Looks like the picture has been tampered with. Look at the body then the neck up to head. Something looks off. He is also way behind the buck.

Picture hasn't been tampered with at all.
I received this via text just a few hours after the deer was killed.
Hunter sent to my friend directly, friend sent to me with the usual "do not share" instructions.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
recurve60#":9nb8lu6v said:
Just because it's not all over this forum you can't recount it.

There is no doubt about that.
I have seen some absolute amazing deer killed in the state of TN over the last few years.

Several of them are killed by the same few hunters too, mainly probably because they don't share their pics. LOL

TheLBLman

RUGER":2qvrv7p8 said:
I have seen some absolute amazing deer killed in the state of TN over the last few years.

Several of them are killed by the same few hunters too, mainly probably because they don't share their pics. LOL

I recently saw a pic of a 13-point mainframe buck taken during our muzzleloader season segment in Houston County. This particular buck would outscore any of the above bucks depicted on this thread. He was a true 7 x 6 mainframe. For whatever reason(s), the person who checked it in doesn't seem to want any attention, much less having it officially scored. It was much more overall impressive than our current #1 Typical, and I believe would net out a higher score as well.

That said, I seriously doubt we in TN will ever outscore the top typical bucks of some states such as KY & IL, etc. But we will top our own current #1 Typical soon, as I believe we already have. But the main thing we're going to observe is that hunters are more willing to give a pass to yearling and 2 1/2-y-old bucks, which is producing more 3 1/2 and older bucks. Simply having more bucks in the 3 1/2 and older age classes means we have more bucks with larger antlers than in times past. Similar is happening in most other states as well.

NON-Typicals are another story. A freaky non-typical can score a lot, while not having the overall mass of a much lower scoring Typical. I am not too shocked that TN is currently holding the world's #1 non-typical, just put it in the context of a freak of nature. Who knows, it could be knocked to #2 by a freakier buck from Florida.

TennSportsman

RUGER":2x1tzlf3 said:
TennSportsman":2x1tzlf3 said:
Looks like the picture has been tampered with. Look at the body then the neck up to head. Something looks off. He is also way behind the buck.

Hunter sent to my friend directly, friend sent to me with the usual "do not share" instructions.

Must be the angle then or could be my vision. It's well below average.

bullshooter

They aren't any big bucks in Van Buren county. Nothing to see here, just keep moving. Lol. They said on tv that the buck field dressed 264 lbs and green grossed 205. After deductions, the host of the show said they expect it to net 190 typical? Impressive deer whatever the final score is!!

Gray Ghost

TennSportsman":2xg1c862 said:
RUGER":2xg1c862 said:
TennSportsman":2xg1c862 said:

Must be the angle then or could be my vision. It's well below average.

If this is a "below average" buck...Please...show us one of your "average" bucks you've killed, then we want to see one "above average"

Latest posts