New state record?

Snake

I live in the area, it was aged at 8.5. I know people that had trail cam pics of him for 4+ years. People have had his sheds for 4+ years. He was a very wild deer. People knew he was there, and no one was able to get him until now. Ended up slipping up chasing a doe. Ended up being killed on public ground. With lots of hunting pressure. His gross score was 205, with 7 inch deductions for a green score of 198. That score is what is being told around town.
It looked to me his net was going to be close to the gross very symmetrical rack .

Antler Daddy

Giant buck!

We use standardized scoring systems to best understand the size of a buck. In my opinion, scoring honors the deer, not the lucky hunter.

it is not difficult to rough score a deer, but I'm always amazed how many people don't have a clue how to do it. It takes 10 minutes with a $.99 tailor ruler, a pencil, and a score sheet.

A lot of people don't score their "big" bucks because they would prefer to just tell people how big they think it is vs. the truth. My $.03.

Last edited:

deerfever

Anyone heard if this has been scored yet?
Go to the TN deer registry page if you put in the last name of the hunter on the search bar it shows a buck killed 11-13-23 muzzleloader , Morgan County 176 6/8. I am guessing that's your deer. Absolutely awesome buck! I Just went by the last name from page 1 of this thread that told the name of the hunter who killed the deer. If that's not it then this one is a stud also! Lol

Last edited:

348Winchester

Nothing like a giant typical , that's a true beast . Morgan Co. to boot that county had a deer die off (EHD)a few years back didn't it ?
Yes it did! I live and hunt in northern Morgan and hunt in southern Scott County as well. Both were hit extremely hard by EHD in 2017. Morgan in my area lost about 2/3 of its herd. Scott was hit slightly harder. It still has not recoverd. Harvests are about 50-60% of what they were before the outbreak.

Rackseeker

Giant buck!

We use standardized scoring systems to best understand the size of a buck. In my opinion, scoring honors the deer, not the lucky hunter.

it is not difficult to rough score a deer, but I'm always amazed how many people don't have a clue how to do it. It takes 10 minutes with a $.99 tailor ruler, a pencil, and a score sheet.

A lot of people don't score their "big" bucks because that would prefer to tell people how big they think it is vs. the truth. My $.03.
Most people don't know how to read a tape measure these days.

mayberryrick

IMG_2643.jpeg

Yes it's official. Really surprised that it could have that many deductions after gross green score was 204".

Hevishot 13

I had 198" roughly based off the pictures when I added it up using the measurements given in the picture. But I do not see 20" of deductions. That just sounds odd to me.

Latest posts