World’s largest typical whitetail

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I always questioned the buck because of the ears, but I was watching an old monster bucks DVD and noticed another buck with the ears like that. He was still alive so it gave me hope that it's all real and legit.

7mmWSM

Read the story about Mitch if you can find it. From teenage years on he was the real deal. If I remember right he set the Missouri archery record kills twice as a teenager. I may be wrong but seems like I read that in his story. Later on he moved up north.

knightrider

I wasn't there so I can't say without proof, and Mitch has never provided it. Too many people who were close to Mitch and the situation say it's fake, and Mitch has never provided evidence to the contrary. So as of now I don't believe it. Usually when something smells fishy it's because it's fishy.
Right there with ya

Tn Joe

Google pictures of Mitch Rampola bucks and judge for yourself. Some look like does with antlers. I call BS. He's a fraud! He even did he's own taxidermy work. I wonder why.

Ski

Weather or not I would have it registered as the world record I'd let them xray it to keep from everyone thinking I lied about it. Not only the buck not getting the recognition it deserves the hunter isn't either . Have the frigging thing xrayed !!!

If he had it xrayed everyone would know the truth and that seems to be more than the hunter is willing to allow, so that in itself speaks volumes.

7mmWSM

Here's an article on him if you care to read. I will say if a person kills a big deer you have others out of jealousy make up accounts on how they were taken. I know myself because I've been on the tail end of stories a couple of times. Whether the Rompala buck is real or not only 2 people for sure knows, the lord and Mitch himself.

Snake

Here's an article on him if you care to read. I will say if a person kills a big deer you have others out of jealousy make up accounts on how they were taken. I know myself because I've been on the tail end of stories a couple of times. Whether the Rompala buck is real or not only 2 people for sure knows, the lord and Mitch himself.
This is true but he was in the world's limelight and allowed pictures to be spread world wide ! I feel that it's legit but not without mystery. He definitely knew how to kill world class animals . But not allowing it to be assured the world record is just wrong even if he didn't want the limelight for himself . Somethings just not kosher here and for me I wished he had it xrayed to bring the title to the US . I just don't buy him not wanting to deal with all the reporters and the things that would come with the title . He registered some of his other bucks why not this one ? He even signed a document saying he wouldn't show the buck as the new world record and if he didn't he was going to be sued . Just something stinks with this IMO .

rodeojoe

As I remember, my long-term memory is better than my short-term nowadays.
You do not have to be the one that killed the deer, just the one registering it for the record in B&C.
Him not registering it in B&C records would make it more valuable if he was to sell it at a later date, would it not?
Whoever bought it, could register it themselves. IMHO

Latest posts