Second largest typical whitail of all time ...

Snake

Heck of a deer and the mass is unreal. I think the background looks "off" cause he's brighter than the background which is probably cause of artificial light from the camera focused on him. I'm sure the photo is "edited" just for clearness and brightness reasons but I don't think it's a "fake"
I seen a picture one of our own shot of a buck he killed and I couldn't believe the clarity of that picture . And I'm sure he didn't photoshop that picture. Cameras on just phones now a day amaze me . At least this guy isn't trying to pull anything like the Rapola buck and heck no one actually proved his to be a fake but his actions cause others to judge him to be a fake .

redblood

The Hanson buck replaced the jordan buck as the highest typical of all time. Saw an article about the jordan buck story (amazing story) that came out shortly after hanson buck was harvested and claimed the top spot. It said the Jordans buck antlers weighed almost double what the rack of the Hanson buck weighed. Plus the Jordan buck was probably 100 pounds heavier. The Jordan buck had always been the most impressive to me.

Last edited:

BSK

No doubt that is a legit buck all the way around. But that creepy mall photo set-up makes everything look odd.

Falconi

Dustin-Huff-Buck-lead-1200x800.jpg

th88

I'd saw the photos a couple times already and never noticed "the junk" until yall pointed it out lol

lafn96

No doubt that is a legit buck all the way around. But that creepy mall photo set-up makes everything look odd.
I think they did photoshop the background in. In the article, he says the sun had set, and there was about 20 min left of shooting light left when he first saw it. Shot 2 minutes later, then would have to have time for at least one other person to get there to take the pic. There's obviously sunlight in that pic - therefore has to be photoshopped.

Helluva buck, and holy crap the schlong on that thing

TNRifleman

I am not a Meateater fan anymore but I did listen to this episode. Huff seems like a genuinely good dude and it was a cool story. I believe the pic is legit but the editing job makes me want to look for the Olan Mills tag down in the corner :) Huff is also a pretty good musician.