Planning time off

Black Titan

If you were in East TN and able to hunt a good 40 acre parcel of private land, when planning a "Rutcation" for a week, what week would you take off in 2024?

I bow hunt primarily, and looking forward to trying to schedule a week off work this November to try and catch some rut activity, but not sure what week would be good. I know this year things seemed to heat up the last week of October going into November.

BT

JN

I always shoot for middle of November give or take a few days for my time off. I know not everyone can do this but what I also do is list on my request it will be sometime between 11/1-11/20 that I am going to take off. Then I try to play the cold fronts as they come through especially if it is big one and it is clear and cold the few days after the front.

puppy

Dec 1st +/- 5 days for me, most does have been bred but bucks a cruising looking for no more date. Will vary a little year to year but that 10 day timespan is the ticket.

mike243

It looked to me that it started 2 weeks before muzzleloader this year looking at the road kills, being a bow hunter you wont miss any time, pick a date and pray, for the last 21 years I had to pick my time off in early December for the next year, retired and hunt when I dam please now or when my wife lets me 🤣

Ski

Hard to say for certain but this is where trail cams shine. Having historical trail cam data will show you a span of time when that specific property has the most daylight activity for bucks. My place in Ohio is last week of October. Here in southern middle TN it's second week of November. And it's a repeating pattern year after year in terms of timeline.

Black Titan

I appreciate the suggestions folks.

Still trying to decide. I know the week of Thanksgiving is out due to my job and how they do PTO. I've got a better chance at getting drawn for an elk tag. The waiting list for Black Friday this year was almost 20 people and they only allow 3 off per day from my business unit. Gotta love Corporate jobs lol.

BT

Black Titan

Hard to say for certain but this is where trail cams shine. Having historical trail cam data will show you a span of time when that specific property has the most daylight activity for bucks. My place in Ohio is last week of October. Here in southern middle TN it's second week of November. And it's a repeating pattern year after year in terms of timeline.

Hes got cams up but they just went up this year so not alot of data to collect from. I like this idea though.

We've been discussing possibly setting up some food plots or something, but the area is all woods. Lots of work.

BT

Latest posts