all day hunts

Vermin93

My opinion is they are long and tiring so you better have some high energy food to keep you going and you better have a really comfortable treestand if you're going to be sitting in a tree all day.

deerhunter1990

im probaly gonna hunt on ground most of the day may walk around a bit too. im hunting on about 200 acre land pretty thick stuff whats yalls opinions on where to sit in areas like that there lot of hardwoods and thickets also a pretty good ditchline on boundary line

easy45

When I was hunting my old lease I did it pretty often cause I had confidence a good buck could step out at anytime, honestly I haven't had a place I felt like was worth it since

volunteer1

All day sits are difficult in my opinion and prefer not to. I've done them but mid afternoon gets slow. The past one that i attempted was at lbl during the thanksgiving hunt. Only reason i sat all day is because i had one full day to hunt and i drove from knoxville and the second being is i walked close to a mile back in the woods. However, I did have a shot a a very nice buck around 2:00. Shot three times and missed. He was on hot pursuit of a doe and I just couldnt connect. I was sick.

shopson

If I'm on a hunting trip I usually hunt daylight til dark, especially during the rut. Much harder to stay put if Im close to home even though I do it ocasionally.

in the dog house

I really like the all day sits. I have done 4 or 5 this year. Had plans on staying all day before, but made kills so ended the hunt early.

ImThere

I move during all day sits maybe 3 stands, do a little walking. Getting up early and and leaving late is a long day my last one i got up around 3am and returned home well after 8 pm was successful hunt but tiresome

volsgo1

Did it today and am whooped. Saw 4 bucks cruising 2 shooters I couldnt get on 2 young ones I coulda shot. Was planning on going tomorrow but at the moment feeling whooped.

Winchester

I only pull them at high % times in November. If I don't have pretty good confidence in seeing a good buck I normally wont sit all day in a tree!

Columbia Scott

All day sits are very tough. I did one this year. I've had better luck on either morning or evening hunts. All day hunts are just a guarantee I'll take a couple days off. This year I came down Thanksgiving morning and jumped my 9 pointer. I saw him as I came out for the day and shot him at 10:00am or so. No plans for all day sits in the near future. I'm getting too old.

Latest posts