Mid mornong hunts....

Ski

Checked cards today and noticed a lot of activity well beyond daylight over the last week. Movement again in afternoon. Actually I've noticed an abnormal amount of deer activity overall. Bucks are still loosely grouped up but hard horned, scraping, and rubbing. And in broad daylight. If it were only one property I'd brush it off as a good year for the location, but I'm seeing it on multiple properties in two states so far.

Here's two very respectable bucks hitting two sides of the same scrape tree at same time. That's in Ohio. Bottom pic is TN.
20230922_200240.jpg

20230920_164815.jpg

kaizen leader

Checked cards today and noticed a lot of activity well beyond daylight over the last week. Movement again in afternoon. Actually I've noticed an abnormal amount of deer activity overall. Bucks are still loosely grouped up but hard horned, scraping, and rubbing. And in broad daylight. If it were only one property I'd brush it off as a good year for the location, but I'm seeing it on multiple properties in two states so far.

Here's two very respectable bucks hitting two sides of the same scrape tree at same time. That's in Ohio. Bottom pic is TN.
View attachment 196748
View attachment 196749
Nice TN deer.

Bone Collector

the one deer I saw Sunday was at 8:15. She bypassed a white oak that I have killed deer under or around consistently for over 10 years. Same climbing tree, same white oak. She passed through and never knew I was watching her. She never even looked in the white oaks direction and it is dropping acorns. Its been weird for sure and I assume the bumper crop has something to do with it. I feel like they have so much food right now, they can be as picky as they want to be.

Ski

I feel like they have so much food right now, they can be as picky as they want to be.

My thoughts are that there isn't much wet green to wash the acorns down with, so eating too many makes them uncomfortable. I suspect that'll change real quick when rain starts falling. What I'm seeing is green briers and tree buds being hammered.

dsa5455

We use to come out of the woods at around 11:00 a.m. and meet for lunch. It was not unusual to see a buck or a group of does come by while I was lowering my gear.

Latest posts