Video camera for videoing hunts

DMD

I video with my phone when I hunt, but I'd like to step it up a notch next season. I really don't want to spend $1000 - but, want decent quality. Any suggestions? What are you using and could you send me an example of what your video looks like? Thank so much in advance.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

It depends on what you mean by "step it up". If you are intending on buying a video cam it will be hard to stay in budget because you'll need a tree arm, thumb toggle, and you'll want some type of mic system. If your staying with very close range (archery) i like Dans tactacam. Prolly my next purchase I'm not pleased with GoPro

DMD

I know you said you didn't want to spend $1k but I use a sony ax53 and don't regret it at all. Look around on Best Buy they offer refurbished cams for around $7-800 or at least did a few years ago. If you don't want 4k then there's plenty of other options. Heres one of my videos on my last buck.

I just commented on your video on YouTube 😂. Thanks so much for the tip. I'll check it out.

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

I have been videoing some of my hunts and habitat work for the last 4 years. I do it because I just wanted something to look back on later in life when I can't hunt. Memories would Be all I have if I didn't

Last edited:

Lt.Dan

Nice! Do you clip it on your hat or where? And thanks for the info and the clip.
I use a mount that goes on the picatinny rail. I switch it between rifles and my crossbow.

20240107_065705.jpg

Latest posts